Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2017, 01:22 AM   #27
Tomsdad

Default Re: The guide to throat slitting (or sentry removal, for the gentlemen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Realism aside, going purely by TechGrap rules, if the intent is to set up a swing-cut to neck with a knife, what does grappling the head (-3 to skill) do which grappling the torso (-0 to skill) doesn't?

Both provide referred control to the neck. Both allow the control points to be spent to reduce hit penalties or enhance damage.
1). It's strongly implied that some grapples in this area allows you to stop someone shouting out* . Even if it wasn't inferred by Fairburn's I certainly rule that way as GM.

2). As a GM I'd have a much easier time agreeing a grapple to the head followed by stab to the neck would qualify for the grab and smash bonus to the neck. Than a grapple to the torso followed by a stab to the neck.

With a thr dagger that extra +2 to damage can be quite a significant portion of inflicted injury. The trick here is to inflict as much injury as fast as you can in order to get to certain points with the target after all.

*although If I was using TG I'd possible make that effect a function of how many CP you got, so not automatically silenced by a 1CP head/face grapple. But a lot of this is going to be done "by eye" so to speak anyway,

Last edited by Tomsdad; 09-21-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fairbairn, hit location, neck, sentry removal