Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #111
Kaldrin

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

That's funny... I would have used the money to go out and buy matches to burn the document with. I have a tendency to be rebellious even for no better purpose than the concept that I just might be saving my soul from being purchased.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #112
tantric
Banned

It was a legitimate survey about discrimination in post-secondary education. I would love to the the stats on the success rate of such things. Its just that I would never *mail* cash - that by itself seems so weird.

Not as good as the time I went to an impromptu concert in a hanger and was given beer, spaghetti and pot. That incident actually restored my faith in communism. (I was disillusioned after being banned from RevolutionaryLeft.com for calling one of the moderators a "marxasaurus") Too bad the music was noise.

Last edited by tantric; 02-02-2009 at 09:21 PM.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #113
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTimes
American Indian petroglyphs around the valley bear witness that this was once the realm of the Timbisha Shoshone and their ancestors, who roamed this desert for at least a millennium before the first Europeans arrived. "There are special sites for giving birth in the valley, but we don't let anyone outside of the tribe know where," said Barbara Durham, the Timbisha Shoshone's tribal historic preservation officer.
Interesting religious idea. Many a game involves a timeline, a strategic spot, or a passenger to be protected: how about combining the three with a plot of "get the mother to the sacred birthing ground before the due date, and protect her there until she gives birth to the Promised One"?

A second thought: a salmon-like species which must give birth in the same place as their ancestors. They would certainly have some very specific notions on land ownership, cultural heritage, and possibly some unique takes on Advantages like Absolute Direction or Claim to Hospitality.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #114
William

The following conspiracy theory just showed up in my inbox. From the looks of it, you might have gotten it too! Apparently guys like this are what we get when we pass politically motivated laws outlawing perfectly normal science: guys who think that said science must have something intrinsically horrible about it. Comments in bold are mine.

Quote:
I Just Saw This On Calgary Herald

Dear (my address),

Your friend (conspiracy theorists' address) thought you might be interested in this link:

(link to a negative movie review in the mainstream media)

They also left you these comments:

IT IS NOT A SPAM, but if you received that message second and plus time JUST CLICK DELETE button and have a nice day. Don't feel bad, please understand original (famous actress)'s family very desperate to shut down that humiliating antichristian "actress" clones line career development. Hello dear Ladies and Gentlemen! I would like inform you that (famous actress) ?actress? actually is a clone from original person (not famous person, different last name) last name, who has nothing with acting career, surname (last name) because of adoption happened in 1992. Clones was created illegally by using stolen biological material. Original person is very nice (not d**n sexy),most important - CHRISTIAN young lady! I'll tell you more,those clones (it's not only one) made in GERMANY - world leader manufacturer of humans clones, it is in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Rhineland-Palatinate, Mr. Helmut Kohl home town. You can not even imaging the scale of the cloning activity. But warning! Helmut Kohl clone staff strictly controlling all their clones (at least they trying) spreading around the world, they are very accurate with that, some of them are still NAZI type disciplined and mind controlled clones, so be careful get close with clones you will be controlled as well. Original person is not happy with those movies, images, video, rumors and etc. spreading on media in that way it would be really nice if we all will try slow down that ''actress'' career development, original Scarlett will really appreciated that. Please remember that original (first names)'s family did not authorize any activity with stolen biological materials, no matter what form it was created in it was stolen and it is stolen. It all need to be delivered to authorize personals control in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Original (first name) never was engaged, by the way! Her close friend Serge G. P.S. CONTROLLING ACTIVITY OF ANY CLONES IS US MILITARY OPERATION. Check also here: (another link; someone has posted this guy's material before, and corrected his German geography -- he fixed it in the post above!)

H.R. 534, the Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2003, was introduced to the U.S. House of Representatives on February 5, 2003. After discussion, it was passed on February 27 by a vote of 241-155. It now moves on to the Senate for consideration. This bill makes it unlawful for any person or entity to perform or participate in human cloning, or to ship or receive embryos produced by human cloning. The penalties are imprisonment of up to 10 years and fines of $1 million or more. These now join other nations as diverse as Norway, Australia, and many other countries, which had already added cloning for any purpose to their criminal code. And in Germany where it carries a penalty of five years imprisonment they know a thing or two about unethical science.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #115
Anaraxes

"UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of
this IMPORTANT information is ENCOURAGED".
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #116
Luke Bunyip

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technolog...antis-pictures
Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #117
Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bunyip
I am always surprised by how many people seem to believe in atlantis and how ready they are to jump upon any sugestion that there might be something.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #118
Running Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost
I am always surprised by how many people seem to believe in atlantis and how ready they are to jump upon any sugestion that there might be something.

I love that some freaks are saying it is the Bimini Road. Wow the Ancient Greeks knew about Atlantis but somehow it was not volcanic and they forgot to go a hundred miles to the west and discover the Americas.

I am pretty sure that the Greeks gave a fairly detailed description of where to look for it.

You get the same type of grasping at straws with the UFO nuts. You can be a mile away from a major city's airport and they will swear that every light in the sky is a UFO.
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #119
Luke Bunyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost
I am always amazed by the inventiveness of idiocy. And that of people that should be taking their medication but don't.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #120
William

DNA nabs twins in bank heist -- but perhaps only one of them did the deed. Will both go free? Can your characters do the legwork to find the information that will distinguish guilty from innocent?

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox