Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #881
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Coordinating the baddies and their abilities and have a plan. Still some stuff I've got to work out though--like what the impact of a Corolla-ish vs a DeVille will look like. That's surprisingly hard to google.
Given that a Corolla has about half the mass of a '69 Deville, I'm betting that it will go where EArl shoves it. Newer cars have crumple zones and all kinds of safety features, so the Corolla is likely to be totalled vs Earl just needing some serious bodywork, but the demon has a much better chance of surviving the impact than anyone who's still in Earl.
Quote:

...whether pulling the key to a DeVille would lock the steering wheel. In my '71 Volkswagen it would but that doesn't mean much.
AFAICT that feature was standard on GM cars starting in 1969, so the '69 model would be the first one to have it. As of 1970, it was legally required for all cars, although I don't know if it still is.
Quote:
...whether Kane is obviously a Malakite, obvious to a demon who's new in town.
He is now that he's in Celestial Form. :)
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #882
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post

He is now that he's in Celestial Form. :)
Yeah, black wings do tend to stand out, unless the demon is really new.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #883
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Yeah, black wings do tend to stand out, unless the demon is really new.
Indeedy.

So he's jumping between cars in celestial form, okay. He needn't really jump--AFAIK gravity barely touches the celestial form.

Must reread whether certain corporeal Songs can have any effect on him now. And vice-versa, so I know what the baddies know. How meta.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-12-2012 at 01:16 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #884
Rocket Man

Sounds good. I'll be a little slow responding today -- busy at work and a lot of cleaning to do at home for company tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #885
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Sounds good. I'll be a little slow responding today -- busy at work and a lot of cleaning to do at home for company tomorrow.
Plans tomorrow, so I'll probably look at this on Monday (the day after). It's some fairly detailed stuff, and lots of pitfalls.

RocketMan and ladyarcana--if you could drop me your thoughts on what you're trying to accomplish, what you'd consider a good outcome and whether character death is acceptable... the latter is a real possibility here. This antagonist is pretty scary.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #886
Rocket Man

Quote:
Plans tomorrow, so I'll probably look at this on Monday (the day after). It's some fairly detailed stuff, and lots of pitfalls.

RocketMan and ladyarcana--if you could drop me your thoughts on what you're trying to accomplish, what you'd consider a good outcome and whether character death is acceptable... the latter is a real possibility here. This antagonist is pretty scary.
I've PM'd Kane's plans and intentions. We'll see whether they come to fruition. I'm sure the antagonist has a lot up his sleeve, but the scary thing about a Malakite is they often don't care ...

Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #887
ladyarcana55

Quote:

I sent my PM in too
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #888
tHEhERETIC

Moved out of PM to RocketMan because my box is near-full and I'd like some feedback on this.

I think the flames will be the least of your worries. Picture in your mind how much room is under the hood of a Corolla--a closed hood. Might get hands in there, a face (but not a whole head)--materializing a whole sword in there is pushing the envelope a bit (if this were the Cam/room full of munchkins I'd disallow it) but would do a lot of damage.

However, materializing with a car's hood bisecting Kane's vessel is going to do a helluva lot of damage to that vessel. Since he's a pop-up, er, Malakite, that's an acceptable outcome. Be aware though, that's the most likely outcome.

Sure, he could manifest on the hood and drive the sword down through it, but his odds of hitting the fuel line that way are close to nil. Stab something at random and there's an excellent chance of destroying the sword as well as the engine.

(I looked for a pic of the Star Trek transporter accident to illustrate but couldn't find it.)
Old 10-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #889
Rocket Man

Quote:

Sure, he could manifest on the hood and drive the sword down through it, but his odds of hitting the fuel line that way are close to nil. Stab something at random and there's an excellent chance of destroying the sword as well as the engine.
What if it's not at random? Say, for example, he looks under the hood while still in celestial form and then pops out, manifests and stabs from above based on what he saw? Even an angel with slightly below-average intelligence still has an excellent mind and memory by human standards; it could be doable.

If that sounds too unlikely, there's also a more direct route. A Corolla's not that tall; a Virtue could manifest on the roof and stab right into the gas tank, send the flame down that way.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #890
ladyarcana55

Does it have to be on the hood? The opening to the gas tank, where you put in the nozzle to fill it up, is at the rear of the car. I always thought the tank itself to not be far from that.

And considering that Kane works on this truck,(at least, I thought he did), I would think he would know the general where abouts of where the tank itself would be.

I actually thought when Rocket Man said his plan, that he was going for the actual gas tank in the rear of the car. If that's the case, then the only question is on which side it is. Hopefully it won't be on the same side as Earl, since Sunae is concentrating on ramming the car.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine