Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-23-2015, 06:07 AM   #1781
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

I've hit an interesting crossroads, storywise. (RL, a whole other matter) Grandpa Lu--yes ladyarcana, I do remember the family name--is proving to be an interesting antagonist, and I don't mind pointing energy in that direction. It also gives my herd-of-cats villain a bit more time and opportunity to show his/her/its/their complexity.

This is a good junction for that, because Mo-Mo is either two degrees or six degrees from the alpha cat depending on how I play it. Putting him closer to the source finished the main plot sooner, which is cool. Putting him further--which is more realistic, he's just a pawn--will add time in resolving the big plot, leaving time for the Lu tangent.

So for all this, I'd need a couple things from you players. First, your opinion: is that a plot you'd like to pursue? Do I keep the Herd of Cats plot on its present high-speed rail or do I let it slow a little to make room for the Lu plot? Or run them both full speed and let them collide? Let Lu end up a very elaborate side scene? I'll also need a lot of feedback, particularly from ladyarcana. I did this sort of thing with MHC--M'ranoch Atel was basically a player creation, and Methariel let me run with him. I can't take quite the same approach here since he's directly in opposition to one of my main NPC's, but a more collaborative one.

Am I rambling? The short version: I'm interested in pursuing the Lu plot but I would like all players' opinions of that. I'd need ladyarcana's active participation OOC, and would welcome that of all players and even advice from nonplayers. I'd also like to know what to do with the currently main plot "Herd of Cats"--slow it down, put it in the background, leave it as is.

Your thoughts?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #1782
ladyarcana55

I'm totally cool with that. Heck, I'm curious to see what happens with Grampa. You know how he acts and how he sees things.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #1783
Dalillama

I'm game. Extension for min char.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:21 AM   #1784
tHEhERETIC

Not stalling, just didn't see the posts until now. Will stew on that a bit, let the whiskey wear off, and stew some more.

In my defense I gummed up something in my foot and am avoiding stronger painkillers.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #1785
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I've hit an interesting crossroads, storywise. (RL, a whole other matter) Grandpa Lu--yes ladyarcana, I do remember the family name--is proving to be an interesting antagonist, and I don't mind pointing energy in that direction. It also gives my herd-of-cats villain a bit more time and opportunity to show his/her/its/their complexity.

This is a good junction for that, because Mo-Mo is either two degrees or six degrees from the alpha cat depending on how I play it. Putting him closer to the source finished the main plot sooner, which is cool. Putting him further--which is more realistic, he's just a pawn--will add time in resolving the big plot, leaving time for the Lu tangent.

So for all this, I'd need a couple things from you players. First, your opinion: is that a plot you'd like to pursue? Do I keep the Herd of Cats plot on its present high-speed rail or do I let it slow a little to make room for the Lu plot? Or run them both full speed and let them collide? Let Lu end up a very elaborate side scene? I'll also need a lot of feedback, particularly from ladyarcana. I did this sort of thing with MHC--M'ranoch Atel was basically a player creation, and Methariel let me run with him. I can't take quite the same approach here since he's directly in opposition to one of my main NPC's, but a more collaborative one.

Am I rambling? The short version: I'm interested in pursuing the Lu plot but I would like all players' opinions of that. I'd need ladyarcana's active participation OOC, and would welcome that of all players and even advice from nonplayers. I'd also like to know what to do with the currently main plot "Herd of Cats"--slow it down, put it in the background, leave it as is.

Your thoughts?
I'd be interested, but could you sum the Grandfather Lu plot up. I'm having trouble remembering him other then he's Sunae's ghostly grandfather who trained her in fighting for Gabriel.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #1786
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I'd be interested, but could you sum the Grandfather Lu plot up. I'm having trouble remembering him other then he's Sunae's ghostly grandfather who trained her in fighting for Gabriel.
A very long time ago, end of Mile Higher Club, he ejected her from the family business for having contact with others...in front of a bunch of archangels. Now he's back, put a metal disk in her shoulder in front of Kane, Ryuki, and the rest of the party. Ryuki has admitted he has feelings for her and he's royally (angry) at what he sees as abuse. That's what the big argument was about just now.

The party doesn't know it yet, but Ryuki sent Odin to go punk ol' grandpa. He was supposed to cut a deal with Odin to solve the big plot arch but he got drunk and sidetracked.

--edit-- I didn't realize that word was censored.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:03 AM   #1787
tHEhERETIC

Mostly to ladyarcana--I'm having diabolical thoughts about what Odin did, but even so it will take time to put into action. While I'm not above pushing things forward, I want to do so with a modicum of realiness.

After folks get the info from Mo-Mo, I'm going to suggest some sleep/air travel time.

Meanwhile, that info from Mo-Mo. And OOC...is there not even a fanon write-up of Jordi??? And I wish I could find that quote now because it keeps popping up in my head: Bless the simple Virtues. Don't give them sharp objects.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #1788
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~rsean/gaming/jordi.html

By an established IN writer.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #1789
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
A very long time ago, end of Mile Higher Club, he ejected her from the family business for having contact with others...in front of a bunch of archangels. Now he's back, put a metal disk in her shoulder in front of Kane, Ryuki, and the rest of the party. Ryuki has admitted he has feelings for her and he's royally (angry) at what he sees as abuse. That's what the big argument was about just now.

The party doesn't know it yet, but Ryuki sent Odin to go punk ol' grandpa. He was supposed to cut a deal with Odin to solve the big plot arch but he got drunk and sidetracked.

--edit-- I didn't realize that word was censored.
Ah, I think I remember that, although I think I missed that he put a metal disk in Sunae's shoulder. Did he do it because he felt she had failed Gabriel?
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 PM   #1790
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Ah, I think I remember that, although I think I missed that he put a metal disk in Sunae's shoulder. Did he do it because he felt she had failed Gabriel?
No, he did it because she was losing focus and letting her emotions get the better of her. He wanted to give her something to focus on.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine