Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-08-2016, 03:45 AM   #3871
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Tell her the truth, or part of it. We have a problem with someone who's hiding in LA, but isn't one of hers. If she lets us go after him, we'll take care of her renegade problem while we're at it. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He agrees readily. "Almost certainly she'd have eyes on us. I don't think we need to offer her a story, though it wouldn't hurt to have one at the ready. Unless we need it, though, we just offer to solve her problem and suggest she not question it much. Maybe hint that we have a beef with this Mr White, not come out and say it or it becomes really difficult to charge her for removing him."
"Okay, sounds like a plan." He takes out his phone, a high-end smartphone, and lays it on the table, Nonchalantly he taps the screen, revealing an entry marked 'Ruby', and sets it on speakerphone. His finger is poised above the Call button. "Any last words? Mitch?"
Old 03-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #3872
Puck

Quote:
"Okay, sounds like a plan." He takes out his phone, a high-end smartphone, and lays it on the table, Nonchalantly he taps the screen, revealing an entry marked 'Ruby', and sets it on speakerphone. His finger is poised above the Call button. "Any last words? Mitch?"
Mitch shakes his head "So far you seem to have covered the bases. Lets talk." He settles down and adjusts his coat and shirt collar, if he was wearing a tie his companions get the impression he would have straightened it. Trader mode on.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:41 AM   #3873
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch shakes his head "So far you seem to have covered the bases. Lets talk." He settles down and adjusts his coat and shirt collar, if he was wearing a tie his companions get the impression he would have straightened it. Trader mode on.
He hits the Call icon and after a brief ringing kicks in anticlimactically to a message. "Tell me who you are and what your business is, and I'll--"

Ryuki hangs up on it. "Two can play that game," he quips without affection. He writes a text, "If Ruby answers her phone in the next five minutes your debt to me is paid," and consults a pocket notebook for about six names. "Expensive," he explains, "but it will have the desired effect." He waits about three minutes and dials her number again.

Her voice is soothing, smoky, and just a tiny bit irritated. "Good afternoon. What can I do for you?"

Ryuki answers with silk, but with a tiny bit of tension underneath. He wants her to hear his clenched jaw. "Hello Ruby. I have a business proposal you'll want to listen to."

"Why certainly. Since you seem to know where I am, why don't you come down here and discuss it."

"No." Firmly. "I'm negotiating for a client, and they wish to sort out the details before meeting you in person. Your reputation precedes you."

"Have I met this client?"

Ryuki is warned by the smile in her voice. "I cannot discuss that at this time." A weak answer, but he's avoiding lies for now.

"Then why, other than getting to hear your voice, would I even entertain this deal?"

She hit a nerve but he's trying not to let her hear it. A pause and an inhale before he answers. "We'll 'shakes hands' and make it official once we agree in principle at the very least. Besides, if this works out we can help keep Asmo out of town. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Her pause tells you he hit a nerve on her end...and her minion takes three steps back. You can hear him. "You...traitor," she says in his general direction, barely audible on our end of the phone. There's a brief scuffle, and Ryuki stuffs his hand in his face to stop from laughing.

((Jump in or not as you will. I'm figuring out where to upload the clip of this muse, and will think on this more after work tomorrow.

edit--can't leave it up for long for copyright reasons, but here's who I'm thinking of https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...GxXYjNkajRnM0E ))
Old 03-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #3874
Puck

Quote:
He hits the Call icon and after a brief ringing kicks in anticlimactically to a message. "Tell me who you are and what your business is, and I'll--"

Ryuki hangs up on it. "Two can play that game," he quips without affection. He writes a text, "If Ruby answers her phone in the next five minutes your debt to me is paid," and consults a pocket notebook for about six names. "Expensive," he explains, "but it will have the desired effect." He waits about three minutes and dials her number again.

Her voice is soothing, smoky, and just a tiny bit irritated. "Good afternoon. What can I do for you?"

Ryuki answers with silk, but with a tiny bit of tension underneath. He wants her to hear his clenched jaw. "Hello Ruby. I have a business proposal you'll want to listen to."

OOC I know it usually face to face but can Mitch tell what Ruby would give to save face in front of the other demons in the city?

"Why certainly. Since you seem to know where I am, why don't you come down here and discuss it."

"No." Firmly. "I'm negotiating for a client, and they wish to sort out the details before meeting you in person. Your reputation precedes you."

"Have I met this client?"

Ryuki is warned by the smile in her voice. "I cannot discuss that at this time." A weak answer, but he's avoiding lies for now.

"Then why, other than getting to hear your voice, would I even entertain this deal?"

She hit a nerve but he's trying not to let her hear it. A pause and an inhale before he answers. "We'll 'shakes hands' and make it official once we agree in principle at the very least. Besides, if this works out we can help keep Asmo out of town. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Her pause tells you he hit a nerve on her end...and her minion takes three steps back. You can hear him. "You...traitor," she says in his general direction, barely audible on our end of the phone. There's a brief scuffle, and Ryuki stuffs his hand in his face to stop from laughing.

((Jump in or not as you will. I'm figuring out where to upload the clip of this muse, and will think on this more after work tomorrow.

edit--can't leave it up for long for copyright reasons, but here's who I'm thinking of https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...GxXYjNkajRnM0E ))
Mitch's lips twitch slightly as he hears the scuffle on the other end of the phone. Leaning forward he murmurers "Let her know this will help her keep ahold of her power in the city. She doesn't want a rogue demon running around with an unknown power source does she? It could make her look bad."

OOC I know it usually works face to face, but can Mitch tell what Ruby would pay to save face in front of the other demons in the city?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:28 PM   #3875
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch's lips twitch slightly as he hears the scuffle on the other end of the phone. Leaning forward he murmurers "Let her know this will help her keep ahold of her power in the city. She doesn't want a rogue demon running around with an unknown power source does she? It could make her look bad."

OOC I know it usually works face to face, but can Mitch tell what Ruby would pay to save face in front of the other demons in the city?
Excellent advice, he mouths the words. It gives me an angle of attack. "We're not a challenge to your power,' he says, "on the contrary, I like you in charge of L.A." He clearly finds the words sour, but he knows she'll enjoy the tiny debasement it represents. "We've run into a fugitive from Hell, somebody they want pretty badly and who scuffed up a Malakite pretty badly and.. we'll happily get him out of town for you. Don't want him throwing around lightning bolts here. It's just...we want a little more freedom than you're inclined to give for free."

Corat passes him a note. "Tishbite ---> Frank ---> Ajeosshi ---> Asmodeus". Ryuki scribbles a question mark next to 'Frank' and Corat clarifies 'bloody god'.

Ruby takes advantage of the pause. "So why should you care? And care enough to admit that you walked a Malakite into my city. That makes me very angry at you."
Old 03-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #3876
Puck

Quote:
Excellent advice, he mouths the words. It gives me an angle of attack. "We're not a challenge to your power,' he says, "on the contrary, I like you in charge of L.A." He clearly finds the words sour, but he knows she'll enjoy the tiny debasement it represents. "We've run into a fugitive from Hell, somebody they want pretty badly and who scuffed up a Malakite pretty badly and.. we'll happily get him out of town for you. Don't want him throwing around lightning bolts here. It's just...we want a little more freedom than you're inclined to give for free."

Corat passes him a note. "Tishbite ---> Frank ---> Ajeosshi ---> Asmodeus". Ryuki scribbles a question mark next to 'Frank' and Corat clarifies 'bloody god'.

Ruby takes advantage of the pause. "So why should you care? And care enough to admit that you walked a Malakite into my city. That makes me very angry at you."
Mitch sighs and leans over to whisper "Because we're angels. Also, better the devil you know. In this case literally. With her in charge we can at least plan around a known quantity." Yes, he's making it sound like this rogue demon could take on Ruby and maybe win, lets see if that throws her.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #3877
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch sighs and leans over to whisper "Because we're angels. Also, better the devil you know. In this case literally. With her in charge we can at least plan around a known quantity." Yes, he's making it sound like this rogue demon could take on Ruby and maybe win, lets see if that throws her.
Ryuki lets his breath hitch audibly but just barely. He wants to give the impression that you're twisting his arm, maybe literally. "Because they prefer the devil they know--you. Unlike basically any Demon Prince, you can be reasonable." A pause, a labored breath, though on this side of the phone you can tell he's acting. "And this Tishbite fellow, he will draw them, and they won't be reasonable, and--" he turns his head away from the phone with a wink, and lets her hear the change in direction of his voice. Then he blurts out, "I couldn't stop them from bringing the Malakite in!" His breath is all tension, but his eyes are mirth. "Look, just let them get this problem out of everybody's hair, and let them get their little runaway ethereal, and let's get this over with!"

He steps away from the phone, leaving it on the table and covering the smile on his face.

There is silence on the other end for what seems like forever. If you listen closely you hear a tapping--or is it clapping, or cracking knuckles?--on the other end. Her reply is quiet and breathy, with a hint of concern. "Are you begging?" She wants it to sound like a taunt but it doesn't quite work. "Where is your little friend the Windy?" More tapping, but Ryuki holds his silence. He jots a note--Play the bad cop--and shows it to the party.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #3878
ladyarcana55

Quote:
There is silence on the other end for what seems like forever. If you listen closely you hear a tapping--or is it clapping, or cracking knuckles?--on the other end. Her reply is quiet and breathy, with a hint of concern. "Are you begging?" She wants it to sound like a taunt but it doesn't quite work. "Where is your little friend the Windy?" More tapping, but Ryuki holds his silence. He jots a note--Play the bad cop--and shows it to the party.
Despite her reservations Sunae finds she is enjoying this.

"Why are we doing this again? This is supposed to be her city, she can clean her own house. If she wants to handle this Tishbite, Asmodeus, and whomever Tishbite Served, then I say let her. We have more important things to do."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #3879
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post

"Why are we doing this again? This is supposed to be her city, she can clean her own house. If she wants to handle this Tishbite, Asmodeus, and whomever Tishbite Served, then I say let her. We have more important things to do."
Mitch waggles his hand even though Ruby can't see it. "This is important. And manners count, this is us paying our respects to Ruby before we go rampaging through her town."
Old 03-15-2016, 06:04 AM   #3880
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post

Quote:
Mitch waggles his hand even though Ruby can't see it. "This is important. And manners count, this is us paying our respects to Ruby before we go rampaging through her town."
"Har har," she answers with clear sarcasm. "Fine. I'll take care of it myself," and hangs up without ceremony.

Ryuki is not even slightly concerned. "Okay, that'll get us a couple minutes' privacy until we tell her that we can track the guy, and that we can bring down the bad guys easily enough. Maybe even convince her that there's enough je ne sais quoi that we could get our guys out of there before it all blows up." He turns to Corat. "You're awfully quiet. Planning to play dead?"

"I'm Matt Damon," he quotes a brainless comedy as though he has a brain full of wood. "Hi how are you?"

He regards his friend with newfound admiration. "Brain damaged. Devious. Alright, anyone else want to put in two cents before we call her back?"

Tags
in nomine