Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-15-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
Tenchi2a

Default Total GURPS index

After spending hours trying to create stats for some vehicles for a conversion. It would have helped to have a index to let me know the the rules were in pyramid issue 120.
What I am suggesting is a official index of all official GURPS 4th edition products.
Tenchi2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
dcarson

Default Re: Total GURPS index

There is a index bot in the Gurps discord. Don't know if it covers what you want but does include Pyamid.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:14 AM   #3
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by namada View Post
been proposed before, fans are reluctant to accept this a necessity & the company is too... er... otherwise focused???

Go play another game. Solved. Right?
No, it doesn't solve the continuously emerging problem of being swamped by the amount of material that has been produced.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:35 AM   #4
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi2a View Post
After spending hours trying to create stats for some vehicles for a conversion. It would have helped to have a index to let me know the the rules were in pyramid issue 120.
What I am suggesting is a official index of all official GURPS 4th edition products.
What about the already existing GURPS wiki?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:26 AM   #5
Refplace

There is the Pyramid index in the Pyramid forums and as mentioned there is the GURPS Wiiki
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
Tenchi2a

I have looked through the different indexes and so far none of them do anything but tell you the name of the article.
And while that works for finding things like "More ultra tech".
When the articles name is less descriptive "Describing Vehicles" it not always helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I expect the best thing to do is to ask the forum's collective memory. Its not fast (wait a day or so), but its usually pretty thorough, and if there is anything we do well its tell you which obscure book has the stuff you want in it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #8
Tenchi2a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I expect the best thing to do is to ask the forum's collective memory. Its not fast (wait a day or so), but its usually pretty thorough, and if there is anything we do well its tell you which obscure book has the stuff you want in it.
That's true.
I don't know how many times I have posted a question like "I needed this to do that" and got the right answer in a day or two.
But it would be nice to just say I need to convert some vehicles and look up vehicle conversion to fined its on pg.xx of "Pyramid 3-120 Alternate GURPS V"
Old 07-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #9
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I've used the forum for this purpose a number of times. As far as I can remember, it's always worked. The last time, I asked for help looking for something that was in a very obscure book--GURPS Basic Set. D'oh!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #10
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
What about the already existing GURPS wiki?
It's got a reasonable catalog but it doesn't have everything. ;-)
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote