Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-11-2021, 01:39 PM   #11
Randyman

Default Re: Help with Seven Deadly Sins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
Sloth: Dream Girl, Gluttony: Bouncing Boy, Wrath: Red Hood, Pride: Superman, Lust: Green Arrow, Avarice: Batman, Envy: Lex Luthor
Keeping to the Legion for the whole thing would be more interesting, IMO.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:49 PM   #12
Rolando

The adventure will be very different depending on the reach of the murderers.
If the murderer are average Joes they may only reach common people like protitutes/pimps, lazy drug dealers, etc. But if they have some way of reaching for higher profile, less common people you may have some more interesting victims.

Lust: a very rich and corrupt politician pedophile or someone involved in people trafficking.
Greed: someone involved in investment that is involved in market manipulation and other business shady dealing, specially if they are not owners or industrialists, but business actions dealers, so money for more money.
Anger: a military general or someone that sponsors a hate movement.
Envy: the loser of some political election, specially if they are involved in dirty politics and media campaigns to discredit honest politicians (if there are still some of those).
Glutony: a magnate of some food chain, the grossier the food the better, cheap and abundant food that make someone powerful by sickening the population.
Laziness: a very rich person that have a lot of people to deal with their every wish and need, maybe a movie star or the wife/sond7daughter of a powerful politician (the initial target may seems to be the politician for greed, anger, pride, but is the politician dependent).
Pride: a renowned scientist, someone that believe that is above God or act like a God by doing something the murderer think its against God laws.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #13
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
I wasn't feeling that creative at that time, and was trying to stick to DC. I look forward to your contribution.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #14
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
My LoSH candidates would be:

Sloth: Dreamy, Shadowlass
Gluttony: Bouncing Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Quislet
Wrath: Lightning Lad (temper tantrums), Cosmic Boy (notable family killed episode)
Pride: Brainiac 5 (but nearly any would work)
Lust: Dream Girl, Duo Damsel
Avarice: Ultra Boy (gang/pirate background)
Envy: Wildfire, Nemesis Kid
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:20 PM   #15
Randyman

Quote:
I wasn't feeling that creative at that time, and was trying to stick to DC. I look forward to your contribution.
Guilty as charged.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #16
RyanW

My first thoughts:

Sloth: A rich kid going through college on the strength of his parents' donations rather than his academic work.

Lust: A sleazy filmmaker that preys on hopeful young actresses by telling them he has to check whether they can handle the steamier scenes.

Greed: A televangelist that sells some sort of blessing trinket for huge profits to fund a lavish lifestyle.

Wrath: A police officer that will push the line on use of force because of a particular hatred for those he believes to be gang members, and has connections that have helped cover up a few times when he went too far.

Envy: An athlete that secretly arranged for the main competitor for the spot on the team to have an accident.

Gluttony: A social network influencer for the 1% that focuses on fine dining for super wealthy. (Note that gluttony is as much or more about extravagance as amount)

For a surprise twist, the killer's partner is on the list as pride, having the hubris to think they (and not the killer) are the agent of justice.

Last edited by RyanW; 04-12-2021 at 05:14 AM.
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #17
Pursuivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
For a surprise twist, the partner is on the list as pride, having the hubris to think they (and not the killer) are the agent of justice.
That's a vicious little twist. If any of the characters in the group suffers from suitable disadvantages they could be targets.

Even better, at least for a "cozy" type mystery, rip off Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" where the PCs and the murderer are all potential murder victims with a 7 Deadly Sins-related disadvantage and an associated Secret.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:40 AM   #18
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
My LoSH candidates would be:

Sloth: Dreamy, Shadowlass
Gluttony: Bouncing Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Quislet
Wrath: Lightning Lad (temper tantrums), Cosmic Boy (notable family killed episode)
Pride: Brainiac 5 (but nearly any would work)
Lust: Dream Girl, Duo Damsel
Avarice: Ultra Boy (gang/pirate background)
Envy: Wildfire, Nemesis Kid
I mostly agree with your choices. And I kick myself for not choosing Mater Eater Lad for gluttony. For Avarice I was thinking about Mr. Brand (the one who financed the Legion in the earlier runs), who got his fortune by building suns. Wildfire is perfect for Envy.

Why did you choose Shadow Lass for Sloth?
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:20 AM   #19
naloth

Quote:
I mostly agree with your choices. And I kick myself for not choosing Mater Eater Lad for gluttony. For Avarice I was thinking about Mr. Brand (the one who financed the Legion in the earlier runs), who got his fortune by building suns. Wildfire is perfect for Envy.
I agree that Brand fits pretty well, but he's not really a member. If I was going for other characters from the setting I'd choose his rival Leland McCauley (who went after Brand to be higher on the who's who of wealthy people list).

Quote:
Why did you choose Shadow Lass for Sloth?
That's one of the weaker choices, but I picked her for how she was originally used. The "umbra" version did things and was into being a hero. The original mostly hung around Mon-El mooning for him in an off and on again relationship. Combined with a power that was originally used for just support while everyone one else did the hero thing made me think of "sloth".
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:13 AM   #20
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
That's a vicious little twist. If any of the characters in the group suffers from suitable disadvantages they could be targets.
I think I may have mistakenly been unclear. I meant the killer's partner. The one feeding them the info on the victims.