Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #521
Kalzazz

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Btw, is there a writeup of 350 pt Rafari?
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:09 AM   #522
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Btw, is there a writeup of 350 pt Rafari?
Duh. Yes! I just evidently forgot to link it. I've edited it in the original forum post as well.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:11 AM   #523
Mailanka

Alright *cracks knuckles* Let's do this thing.

Today, I wrote up a revised version of:

Kendra Corleoni, Escaped Slave, Bounty Hunter and Felinoid
Leylana Grey, Aristocratic Super-Spy!
Dun Beltain, Space Knight with Humble Origins

And I've revised Vesper Tane once more, this time to 400 points, to get an idea of what 400 points worth of Space Knight looks like.

Why would I do that? For the ultimate Iteration 4 playtest, of course! We continue our story and find out what Leylana's treasure was really about! It features pirates, a furious Kendra, Miracles of Communion, and a duel between space knights.

And, the GURPS blogging community picked today to discuss community, and I chose to discuss what you, as a player, can do to ensure you have a superior gaming experience.

Happy GURPSgiving, everyone!
Old 11-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #524
Kalzazz

I think it looks interesting, and will probably have more thoughts later with a working keyboard, but are we not using the 1.5x damage from cutting rule here?
Old 11-24-2016, 09:08 AM   #525
Mailanka

Quote:
I think it looks interesting, and will probably have more thoughts later with a working keyboard, but are we not using the 1.5x damage from cutting rule here?
We are (though note that force swords don't deal cutting damage).
Old 11-24-2016, 09:13 AM   #526
Kalzazz

Ah, when Kendra took a vibroblade shot it looked like it did x1
Old 11-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #527
Mailanka

Quote:
Ah, when Kendra took a vibroblade shot it looked like it did x1
An oversight.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #528
Kalzazz

Ah, good. Removing the x1.5 from cutting would be a streamlinification, but would not help poor vibroweapons any

If M'elena had rolled 1 worse vs the Ceremonial Guard and not taken him out by surprise, would he have been any threat to her in a 'fair' fight?
Old 11-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #529
Mailanka

Quote:
Ah, good. Removing the x1.5 from cutting would be a streamlinification, but would not help poor vibroweapons any

If M'elena had rolled 1 worse vs the Ceremonial Guard and not taken him out by surprise, would he have been any threat to her in a 'fair' fight?
His "weakest" armor is DR 60, which is effectively a 12 against her blades. She deals 2d+3 damage as a base (Crossblade execution does +2 damage). Her average damage deals 10 damage. She'll only hurt the ceremonial guard on a roll of 10, 11 or 12. Without an all-out attack, most of her attacks won't do enough damage to hurt him, and what damage she'll do will be very little. If he were a "serious" character, he could shrug off most of her attacks.

He's skill 18 with a force glaive. If he successfully parries her attacks, he'll destroy her weapon. She's skill 19, and she uses dual weapon attacks, which are harder to parry, though a two-handed weapon can be pretty good at parrying dual weapons. In a "stand up fight" I suspect she MIGHT win, but it'd be close.

Now, arguably, this is why she fights like she does. She doesn't WANT a stand-up fight. She wants to come in and take him out from behind. He's also about as dangerous as a mook can possibly be, with absurd skill and extreme equipment.

But if I'm honest, I'm tempted to give vibro weapons +2d on cut (like a vibro-wire weapon) and +1d on thrust.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #530
Kalzazz

So her dropping the guard by ambush wasn't just 'kill the redshirts first' villain logic, he actually was a legit target

And the other guard might have had a legit shot at helping fight Tane

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack