Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #41
Luke Bunyip

Default Re: Has COVID hit your gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallatari View Post
<Long and extremely detailed answer>
Ta muchly! That was comprehensive and thorough.

Good thing I've got a bit of spare time on my (frequently washed) hands.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:21 PM   #42
kirbwarrior

It's largely done the opposite. Scheduling anything ever has always been a nightmare for me (Scheduling falls apart roughly 40% of the time for the next day) so everyone having more free time actually helps. That and I've been using r20 for years and much of that through typing that I lost basically nothing through this.

There are a lot of downsides to being an introvert with social habits (and with quitting M:tG, this is my last one), but COVID was not one of them.

Last edited by kirbwarrior; 04-01-2020 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Typo
kirbwarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #43
simulatoralive

Amazingly enough, I've seen a small silver lining to the Covid-19 cloud.

I've been gaming off and on with one guy for the past 4 years, just because we couldn't find another player. We almost had a new player recently, but he never showed up.

I bought a headset toward the beginning of the worries, just to make sure I could keep in touch with people if things got bad. That got me looking into Discord as a way to keep in touch.

In the end, I invited an old player from years ago (back in Utah) to join us via Discord and today I GMed for one local player and one remote player. It was a lot of fun.

So, this virus scare has gotten me to reach out and connect with people in new and different ways and revitalized one of my favorite hobbies. In the past I've always been against online tabletop RPGs, but now I'm glad I gave it a try.

Have trouble drawing dungeon maps? Try Inkscape and my Dungeon Template.

I'm building a video game.
simulatoralive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #44
Dr. Beckenstein

Well, our Shadowrun Group tried discord yesterday, and it worked rather smoothly. There were some minor disturbances (bad audio, loss of signal), but these were probably caused by the hardware and did not that really hindered the game.

Really annoying is the cancellation of the conventions. The season was just to start, and all the preparations from the organizers and the participants were totally useless. Since most conventions only happen once a year, this is really disappointing.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #45
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

My D&D game is on hold -- we had a session three weeks ago because we knew it was likely to be the last in-person game for some time. Unfortunately, we didn't quite get through the adventure, so we're talking about ways to wrap it up with a two- or three-hour online session. Hoping that can happen this month.

Let people like what they like.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaming, illness