Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-14-2017, 11:53 PM   #4221
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Was that what it is? I didn't realize that, my apologies. I am more used to the direct approach. But why approach us? Why not approach those who actually stand a chance of getting something done?"
"History. Apparently I have a history with the ethereals, and I know for certain that Laurence and Dominic do."
Old 04-15-2017, 12:03 AM   #4222
ladyarcana55

Sunae just nods.

"So what is the plan when we get to the party? Ugh, knowing Ruby she has an outfit waiting for me...<sigh> She loves showing off my ink and I appreciate it, but I swear, with some of those outfits, I may as well be naked."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #4223
Puck

Quote:
Sunae just nods.

"So what is the plan when we get to the party? Ugh, knowing Ruby she has an outfit waiting for me...<sigh> She loves showing off my ink and I appreciate it, but I swear, with some of those outfits, I may as well be naked."
Mitch starts to stretch his wings before remembering he doesn't have them in this form "I believe that Ryuki enjoys seeing you in them even if you don't enjoy wearing them. But yes, we should hurry to the car show, while time does not pass evenly in the two realms, some time has passed here."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #4224
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch starts to stretch his wings before remembering he doesn't have them in this form "I believe that Ryuki enjoys seeing you in them even if you don't enjoy wearing them. But yes, we should hurry to the car show, while time does not pass evenly in the two realms, some time has passed here."
Ryuki blushes. They are a most fascinating Choir, and he didn't have to say a word for the truth to come out.

Quote:
"Was that what it is? I didn't realize that, my apologies. I am more used to the direct approach. But why approach us? Why not approach those who actually stand a chance of getting something done?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"History. Apparently I have a history with the ethereals, and I know for certain that Laurence and Dominic do."
And then he turns a bit serious. "She has a point, though. Much as I'm honored to be one of a handful to represent the entire human race in this, that's too much to ask. We need someone--"

"More important? Who is also in the know?"

Ryuki's trying to keep his patience with his old friend. "Who is less squish-able. Regardless, I think we should go in there softly, see what this Norseman is doing, what he wants, how he treats people, and engage him in a friendly way. Yes, he has absolutely no business being there, but let's see what he brings to this place. Then we take that to the big boys who are actually in a position to do something with it."

"You don't deal with Malakim much, do you?"

"I've only met one that I'm aware of."
Old 05-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #4225
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I've only met one that I'm aware of."
"Don't underestimate Kane. He's very easygoing for a Malkite, but when it comes to what he believes in, he can bend as easily as cold steel. When push come to shove, he will drop the hammer harder and faster than an Ofanite on a caffeine high."

(OOC: Please pardon the multiple posts. My laptop died and I haven't figured out how to copy, paste or highlight on my tablet)
Old 05-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #4226
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Who is less squish-able. Regardless, I think we should go in there softly, see what this Norseman is doing, what he wants, how he treats people, and engage him in a friendly way. Yes, he has absolutely no business being there, but let's see what he brings to this place. Then we take that to the big boys who are actually in a position to do something with it."
"Less squish-able? Who are you thinking?"

"I suspect he trying to build a cult to Odin, feed him Essence and possibly create a thether for him. But if that is the case then he will need help. There's no way he can do that alone. I wonder...do you think he might be meeting someone there? It is a big party with lots of people, drugs, betting and booze. Its easy to not be noticed there."
Old 05-14-2017, 11:10 PM   #4227
Puck

Quote:

"I suspect he trying to build a cult to Odin, feed him Essence and possibly create a thether for him. But if that is the case then he will need help. There's no way he can do that alone. I wonder...do you think he might be meeting someone there? It is a big party with lots of people, drugs, betting and booze. Its easy to not be noticed there."
Mitch taps chin thoughtfully "Trying to create a tether to Odin, there's an idea, but long term stable tethers take a lot of time and luck to create. Perhaps he's aiming for a unstable one. I believe that Janus has several of those, they tend to appear and then vanish and then reappear elsewhere."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 AM   #4228
tHEhERETIC

Quote:

"Until you need to be noticed. Button your coat." Ryuki's tone is flirtatious; he can't help himself. "He could be meeting someone there, or he could just be planning to work the crowd. For that he has the jump on us, so we have to tread very carefully. We are squishable, after all.
"When we go in, watch everyone. I certainly will be. If your gut tells you to jump on something, try to catch my eye first in case I see something you don't. If you can't, well, just don't blow our cover right away. I'm the rich dude with the trophy girlfriend who he only thinks he controls."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch taps chin thoughtfully "Trying to create a tether to Odin, there's an idea, but long term stable tethers take a lot of time and luck to create. Perhaps he's aiming for a unstable one. I believe that Janus has several of those, they tend to appear and then vanish and then reappear elsewhere."
"Winds of change," Corat muses nostalgically. "A tether would be their best success, but a mere cult would be enough to send some Essence. They are starving." There, he said it.

"They're more than starving; they're desperate. If the B-- our gender-swapping friend were at that car show, I'd be less worried. He knows he can rebuild, that even if we tear him apart that his family will just make another one. Heck, I expect to see a new Thor any day now. But this nameless biker dude has had mere days to let the world know he exists. If he feels threatened, he'll be looking forward to Valhalla, or at least fighting like he is. Stick together folks, and observe and report."

The last phrase, associated as it is with mere security guards, irritates Corat, but he has to concede its wisdom. If you can't back down from a fight, it's no good engaging with far superior numbers. "He's expecting a purity posse to come for him. Don't be seen until it's time." He offers an arm to Cameron, clearly planning to walk towards the show.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:15 AM   #4229
tHEhERETIC

(To clarify, and move things a little)

Corat offers his arm to Cameron, waving Glen and Mitch over to form a little group to hang behind. Let the diva and the girl on his arm lead the way over to those two burly guys at the entrance. It would be stupidly easy to get in without paying if those guys weren't there, and just plain stupid to try to get past them.

In the distance, a crowd hurrahs.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #4230
ladyarcana55

As Sunae approached the two men with Ryuki by her side, the looks of intimidation were replaced by smiles. They visibly relaxed as Sunae and Ryuki drew near.

"Hey Sunny!"

Sunae growled and clenched her fists, "You know how much I hate that."

They laughed. One put up his hands while the other took out a set of keys from his packet and jangled them, "Yeah, but we know you'll let us get away with it."

Sunae looked at the keys and her eyes started to shine. "I heard the Pierce had been trashed!"

"Yeah, but we fixed her up."

Sunae reached forward to take the keys, but before she could touch them, they were pulled away.

"Ah ah aah. You know the rules. You gotta change into an appropriate outfit, then you can sit in the cars."

His partner nods inside, "Ruby's inside waiting."

They look at the rest of the team curiously, "They with you?"

"Yes," Sunae answered as she handed the doormen a twenty dollar bill. She motioned to Ryuki, "He's got everyone else's admission."

Then she looks at Ryuki, "Hurry up."

Sunae is visibly excited and getting very impatient

Tags
in nomine