Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #3261
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Why is he sleeping? And in a park, of all places.

She motions Shuck to step back a way so they don't alert him and she waits for the others.
A couple other people in the park are trying to not-notice the hound.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #3262
Dalillama

Glen puffs up beside her. "I suppose that people would object if we killed him here, wouldn't they?"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #3263
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen puffs up beside her. "I suppose that people would object if we killed him here, wouldn't they?"
"I thought you wanted to imprison him? Can't we imprison him here and finish him off somewhere private?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #3264
Dalillama

Quote:
"I thought you wanted to imprison him? Can't we imprison him here and finish him off somewhere private?"
"I thought I was outvoted on that one. Besides, the ways I know of imprisoning him aren't much less obvious than killing him. That said, good old fashioned intimidation has worked well for me in the past, and last time I didn't have a big ugly dog to be scary on my behalf."
Old 10-14-2014, 12:42 AM   #3265
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I thought I was outvoted on that one. Besides, the ways I know of imprisoning him aren't much less obvious than killing him. That said, good old fashioned intimidation has worked well for me in the past, and last time I didn't have a big ugly dog to be scary on my behalf."
"Under the circumstances, we may not have a choice. Just imprison him long enough until we get someplace more discreet. Besides, he's a Habbie. I don't think I want to play with his emotions."
Old 10-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #3266
Dalillama

Quote:
"Under the circumstances, we may not have a choice. Just imprison him long enough until we get someplace more discreet. Besides, he's a Habbie. I don't think I want to play with his emotions."
"My dear lady, I think that you are missing one of the key concepts of imprisoning someone, which is that, once imprisoned, they can't move. Even those lovely portable circles of Ryuki's can't be moved once placed, not and stay operational. I could try to bind him to my service, but that kind of contest isn't guaranteed, and neither of us wants to deal with the consequences of my losing. Old-fashioned intimidation is still probably the best bet. Especially since he's going to be very worried about how we found him."
Old 10-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #3267
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"My dear lady, I think that you are missing one of the key concepts of imprisoning someone, which is that, once imprisoned, they can't move. Even those lovely portable circles of Ryuki's can't be moved once placed, not and stay operational. I could try to bind him to my service, but that kind of contest isn't guaranteed, and neither of us wants to deal with the consequences of my losing. Old-fashioned intimidation is still probably the best bet. Especially since he's going to be very worried about how we found him."
Corat risks a limb to pet the hound. "Nah, we just tell him that Shuck here has his scent and that it's futile to run. Shuck and...where's Kane?

"There's also the likelihood that this is a Nightmare demon kibbitzing with his fellows, and that maybe we portable folks should follow him there."
Old 10-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #3268
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

"There's also the likelihood that this is a Nightmare demon kibbitzing with his fellows, and that maybe we portable folks should follow him there."
"Surely if there's a conclave of demons there, that's the last place we want to burst into unprepared?"
Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #3269
ladyarcana55

"But they're not expecting us. We have the element of surprise."
Old 10-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #3270
Dalillama

Quote:
"But they're not expecting us. We have the element of surprise."
"If we haven't scouted the ground, the surprise can go both ways."

Tags
in nomine