Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #11
Randyman

Default Re: [MH] Would like help with some characters

Here's my take:

MH, RAW, is carefully balanced at TL 8 to establish a balance between the Commando and the Warrior in terms of combat effectiveness against foes with Injury Tolerance.

The phrases italicized above are important. If you move to TL 9 or higher, the Commando's weapon suite will become more effective relative to TL 8 (issues with Ultra Tech notwithstanding), as you are discovering. Similarly, if you are using foes without some form of Injury Tolerance as MH uses it, the Warrior's weapon suite will become less effective.

Your task is to rebalance the Warrior and Commando, obviously. You can do this by diminishing the effectiveness of the Commando's weapon suite, or increasing the effectiveness of the Warrior's weapon suite. My off-the-cuff recommendations:

TL 9 weapons for the Warrior - increases the damage of the Warrior's weapons. I don't recall if the increase in Ultra Tech RAW is proportional to the increase in the Commando's weapon's damage, but you can house rule that it is.

Adjust the effects of Injury Tolerance - either to increase the damage taken from the Warrior's weapons or decrease the damage taken from the Commando's weapons. This could also be achieved by suitably humanoid foes wearing TL 9 body armor, in addition to their native Injury Tolerance. However, I do not recall how that would or would not stack by RAW.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
PK

If you're giving the commando high-tech weapons then I recommend helping the warrior by allowing vibroblades one TL earlier. You can compensate by making them "experimental" -- not just double cost, but also with a fraction of the battery life. A superfine vibroblade (SV) weapon does +1d+2(5) cutting and +2(2) impaling damage. A ST 17 warrior swinging a SV broadsword does 4d+10(5) cutting damage per swing. Against living creatures, the commando still has an edge, but they become more evenly matched against the unliving and the warrior has a huge edge against homogenous foes.

Take the mummy as an example: DR 6, HP 25, Homogenous. Assuming the commando is using a storm rifle (9d pi+, RoF 3), each bullet does 32 basic damage, 26 penetrating damage, 8 injury. The warrior's swings each do 24 basic damage, 23 penetrating damage, 34 injury -- better than four bullets. Extra effort (Mighty Blows) bumps that to 28 basic, 27 penetrating, 40 injury.

That's really more of a band-aid, though. Without a doubt, the better guns get, the weaker melee weapons are. That's why if I were to do an ultra-tech port of MH, I would also revamp the monsters to make them less vulnerable to guns. The simplest fix is to add Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction 3, Limited to Guns) to each monster at TL9 -- I'd probably go /4 or /5 at TL10. It's not even that strange a fix; a significant portion of myth is that these monsters are only vulnerable to certain thing. So it's reasonable to assume that the bullets which slaughter humans so well are strangely ineffective against angels, demons, vampires, etc.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #13
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
The game is set at TL 9. You even quoted the part where I said that ;).

But in all seriousness thank you very much everyone for all your replies.
Okay, reading comprehension failure.

But my question still stands, I just phrased it badly. Why are you choosing a non-standard setting for your MH campaign? I see that there's an article associated with it, and I'm not familiar with it, but I don't need you to justify it to me in any case. You seem to want a TL 9 MH campaign that features both guys with (TL 9) guns and guys with (TL 3) swords. Why? I note with a brief perusal of the article that this is meant to be Black Ops redux, and that melee-focused characters don't really seem to be in there. So why do you want a melee character in there?

This is not a rhetorical question meant to make you realize the errors of your way. But rather, if you articulate this to yourself, you might see what you're trying to get at, and that might give you your solution. If it's because it "looks cool," then you need cinematic solutions. If it's to create tactical diversity, new strategic solution to defeating bad guy, then adjust the monsters to allow that character to take advantage of his unique capabilities. When you can frame the problem well, the solution usually presents itself.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #14
dcarson

Visualization might be useful for the Sage. Not a combat ability but lets him get a bonus on most non melee things that he thinks about ahead of time.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #15
PK

I've been wanting to address the question of "what do I do with the sage if magic doesn't exist?" for a while now.

The quick answer is: Strip away his Magery, Thaumatology, and Path skills. That saves 60 points right there. Now spend those on whatever cool abilities you do want to use in your game -- whether that means Mysticism, psionics-rebranded-as-magic-spells, or just extra ST and DX so he can be a backup warrior.

I've also got a longer answer, with far more detail, but I'll have to ask you to wait a little while for that one. Just keep an eye on Warehouse 23 in the meantime.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #16
DAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I've also got a longer answer, with far more detail, but I'll have to ask you to wait a little while for that one. Just keep an eye on Warehouse 23 in the meantime.
HE TEASES US!

(looking forward to what comes.)

For the Sage, besides all the Hidden Knowledge at usable levels, I would think someone who can Heal would be useful.

Todate, my MH games have focused on 1930's. I can post a couple of the melee guys. They are closer to 400 points, so you can juice them for TL9.

They are one experiment and two warriors.

Their backgrounds have to be tweaked for the setting, and their gear needs to be changed out.

Kewul's Khukuri can be bumped to Very Fine/Balanced, and maybe add a armor divisor for early hyper dense or vibro.

Dagur's magic sword could be replaced with a Very Fine/Vibro too.

Dido for Tojo's.

Last edited by DAT; 04-28-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Add comments on three characters posted
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #17
DAT

Kewul Signh Zoon, Nepali formerly in 5th Royal Gurkha Rifles (Frontier Force)
Team Role: Scout – Runner [EXPERIMENT]
Appears as a small dark haired Nepali man. He was the result of a secret temple’s human breading program to produce mystic warriors. Enemies of the temple attacked and burnt it to the ground. Young Kewul was the sole survivor. The orphaned Kewul was raised by a former Gurkha soldier. He joined the Gurkhas and served under Major Blackwell, rising to the Rank of Havildar (Sergeant). He first encountered supernatural creatures in Bagdad, fighting alongside Colonel (then Major) Blackwell and Mehmet Golugolu.

Playing Kewul:
You are always happy and smiling, even when you are killing monsters. The grimmer it gets, the bigger your smile. You are unfazed by danger. You still call Professor Blackwell “Colonel” and salute him, from your days serving as his batman/ runner/driver back in the regiment. You are fanatical about your mission to slay evil monsters. You are loyal to Greystone and to your teammates.

View of Others:
Kewul Sigmh Zoon – You.
Professor Arthur Blackwell – Colonel Blackwell is your former British commander from the Frontier Force, and a good leader. You trust his leadership when things get dangerous.
Lady Genovefa Feidlimid – Lady Feidlimid is a pleasant young Irish woman. The magic is strong in her.
Father Antonio Dell’Edera – The Father is very concerned with his faith, and it gives him his special powers. But you think he takes himself too seriously.
Lamar Taylor – Sergeant Taylor is a good soldier and comrade. He is a deadly shot with his automatic rifle.
Don Pedro Vasquez – Don Vasquez has the taint of the supernatural on him from his birth as a Dampire. But he is a good monster hunter.
Hajji Ashok Pasupathie – Hajji Pasupathie has mystic healing powers, that are very valuable to the group. Although from India, he has travelled to Nepal.
Pascal De Beauregard – Monsieur De Beauregard, a Frenchman, helps you scout for the group. But he is more concerned with acquiring wealth.
Professor Wolfgang Heinrick – Professor Heinrick from Germany does his own type of magic with machines. He can be a big help with that flamethrower of his.
Dagur –Ser Dagur from Iceland is a knight, like from the old stories. He is the biggest and strongest man you know. That strength, and his skill with his Greatsword are very helpful in a monster hunting team.
Tojo Kawasaki – Tojo San is a Samurai. His fighting style is different than Dagur’s, but he is similarly skilled.
Mehmet Golugolu – Mehmet Golugolu from Turkey is another gunman on the team. .

Name: Kewul SignhZoon Team Role: Scout – Slayer
Home: Gorkha District of Gandaki Zone, Nepal

Attributes:
ST 15 [50];
DX 14 [80];
IQ 13 [60];
HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics:
Damage 1d+1/2d+1 (1d+2/3d);
BL 45 lbs.;
HP 18 [6];
Will 13 [0];
Per 14 [5];
FP 14 [0];
Basic Speed 7.00 [0] / 8;
Basic Move 7 [0] / 14-16.
Cultural Familiarity
Asian (Nepal) (Native) [0]
Western [1]
Languages:
Nepali (Native/Native) [0]
English (Native/Native) [6]
Advantages:
Combat Reflexes [15];
Danger Sense [15],
Daredevil [15]
Luck [15].
Night Vision [5],
Off-Hand Weapon Training (Khukuri) [1]
Patron (Greystone Monster Hunters, Ltd) [0*]
Unfazeable [15]
Bioenhancement Talent 2 [10];
Adrenal-Muscular Trigger - Extra ST +3 (Duration, 1dx5 sec., -65%; PM, -10%) [6].
Cerebral-Motor Multitasking - Extra Attack 1 (Multi-Strike, +20%; PM, -10%) [28].
Enhanced Ground Move - Enhanced Move 1 (Ground; PM, -10%) [18].
Enhanced Speed - Basic Speed +1.00 (PM, -10%) [18].
Disadvantages:
Code of Honor (Soldier) [-10],
Duty (Greystone Monster Hunters, Ltd) [0*]
Fanaticism (The Mission) [-15]
Sense of Duty (Teammates) [-5],
Unusual Biochemistry [-5].
Quirks:
Always smiling [-1];
Skills:
Acrobatics (H) DX-1 [2]-13;
Armoury (Small Arms) (A) IQ-1 [1]-12;
Autohypnosis (H) Will [4]-13;
Body Control (VH) HT [8]-14;
Camouflage (E) IQ [1]-13;
Climbing (A) DX [2]-14;
Driving (Automobile) (A) DX-1 [1]-12;
Driving (Heavy Wheeled) (A) DX-1 [1]-12;
First Aid (E) IQ [1]-13;
Forced Entry (E) DX+1 [2]-15;
Guns (Rifle) (E) DX+4 [8]-18;
Hidden Lore (Vampires) (A) IQ [2]-13;.
Hidden Lore (Restless Undead) (A) IQ [2]-13‡;
Intimidation (A) Will-1 [1]-12;
Judo (H) DX [4]-14;
Karate (H) DX [4]-14;
Knife (E) DX+2 [4]-15
Observation (A) Per-1 [1]-12.
Occultism (A) IQ [2]-13;
Pharmacy (Herbal) (H) IQ [4]-13;
Research (A) IQ-1 [1]-12.
Running (A) HT [2]-14.
Shortsword (A) DX+4 [16]-18.
Stealth (A) DX [2]-14;
Swimming (E) HT [1]-14;
Theology (Voodoo) (H) IQ-1 [2]-12;
Throwing (A) DX+1 [4]-15;
Tracking (A) Per-1 [1]-12.

Dual Weapon Attack (Khukuri) [5]-18

Weapons:
2 Fine Khukuri, Skill 18,
Dam sw+2 cut/thr-1 imp , Reach:1 Parry:0* ST:10 Wgt:3 each
1 Enfield SMLE Mk III (.303 British) Rifle, Skill: 18
Dam 6d+2 pi, Acc 6, Range:800/3300 RoF 1, Shots:5+1 (3), Bulk:-5. Rcl:3, Wgt:9.2/0.6

Armor & Possessions (Kewul SignhZoon):
• Ordinary Clothing (p. HT63) [Torso, Limbs]. Status 1.$240, 4 lbs.
• Bulletproof Vest (p. HT66) [Torso]. DR 6. $750, 8 lbs.
• Boots (p. HT68) [Feet]. DR 2*. $80, 3 lbs.
• Leather Gloves (p. B284) [Hands]. DR 2*. $30, neg.
• Felt Hat (p. HT64) [Head]. $120, 0.5 lb.
• Belt (p. HT31) [Torso]. $10, neg.
• Expensive Hammer (p. HT25) [Belt Loop]. $30, 2 lbs.
• Canteen (p. HT53) [Belt]. with 1 quart of holy water (2 lbs./full quart). $10, 3 lbs.
• Expensive Personal Basics (p. B288) [Clothing]. $10, 0.66 lb.
• Pocket Watch (p. HT31) [Clothing]. $100, neg.
• Multi-Function Knife (p. HT26) [Clothing]. $25, neg.
• Notebook, Pencil, and Chalk (p. HT17) [Clothing]. $2, 0.1 lb.
• Compass (p. HT52) [Clothing]. +1 Navigation. $25, neg.
• Map (pp. HT52-53) [Clothing]. $30, 0.1 lb.
• Good Lockpicks (p. HT213) [Clothing]. +1 Lockpicking. $250, neg.
• Mirror (p. HT31) [Clothing]. $5, neg.
• Silver Religious Symbol (p. HT31) [Neck]. $20, neg.
• Waist Pack (p. HT54) [Sling]. Carries 10 lbs. $10, 1 lb.
• Flashlight (p. HT52) [Waist Pack]. Includes 2xS batteries. $20, 1 lb.
• 2x Small Batteries (p. HT13) [Waist Pack]. $2, 0.66 lb.
• Binoculars (p. HT47) [Waist Pack]. +2 Vision. $150, 3 lbs.
• 2x Hand Flares (p. HT58) [Waist Pack]. $10, 2 lbs.
• Maxim Sound Suppressor (pp. HT158-159, PGO29) [Waist Pack]. -2 Hearing. $500, 0.75 lb.
• 2x Wooden Stakes (p. B272) [Waist Pack]. $8, 1 lb.
• Shoulder Holster (p. HT154) [Torso]. -1 Fast-Draw. $50, 1 lb.
• Colt .45 Government Match Pistol (pp. HT98, PGO17-18) [Holster]. Acc 3. $950, 2.3 lbs.
• 7-Round Magazine [Pistol]. Free, 0.16 lb.
• Pistol Magazine Pouch (p. PGO33) [Torso]. Holds two magazines. $15, 0.3 lb.
• 2x 7-Round Pistol Magazines [Pouch]. $54, 0.32 lb.
• 21x Rounds .45 ACP Silver HP (pp. 13, HT166-167, 176) [Magazines]. . $109, 0.99 lbs.
From Pistol Dmg 2d(0.5) pi++ with follow-up silver effect
• Fill all hollow-points with garlic (pp. HT167, 168). Free.
• Rifle Sling (p. HT154) [Torso].. $10, 1 lb.
• Enfield SMLE Mk III Match (.303 British) Rifle [Sling]. $1300, 9.2 lbs.
• 2x Ammo Pouches (p. PGO33) [Belt]. Hold 20 clips each. $100, 1 lb.
• 20x 5-Rounds per Clip [Ammo Pouch]. $19, 6lb.
• 100x Rounds .303 [Ammo Clips]. $100, 5.4 lbs.
From Rifle Dmg 6d+2 pi.
• 20x 5-Rounds per Clip [Ammo Pouch]. $20, 6 lbs.
• 100x Rounds .303 Silver HP (pp. 13, HT166-167, 176) [Ammo Clips]. $65, 6.11 lbs.
From Rifle Dmg 6d+2(0.5) pi. with follow-up silver effect
• Fill all hollow-points with garlic (pp. HT167, 168).
• Expensive Small Backpack (p. HT54) [Torso]. $120, 2 lbs.
• Padded Grappling Hook (p. HT55) [Backpack]. -2 Hearing. $20, 3 lbs.
• Expensive Climbing Harness (p. HT55) [Backpack]. $150, 2 lbs.
• Expensive 20-yard Coil of 0.5” Rope (p. HT56) [Backpack]. Supports 350 lbs. $40, 2.9 lbs.
Load = 86.46 lbs lbs (Medium Encumbrance (2))

Encumbrance and Movement:
Weight Carried Encumbrance Movement Penalty/FP Cost
< BL 45 lbs) None BM (7 yds/sec) 0 / 1
< 2xBL (90 lbs) Light BM x 0.8 (5) 1 / 2
< 3xBL (135 lbs) Medium BM x 0.6 (4) 2 / 3
< 6xBL (270 lbs) Heavy BM x 0.4 (2) 3 / 4
< 10xBL (450 lbs) Extra-Heavy BM x 0.2 (1) 4 / 5
Penalty to Dodge Rolls and to Climbing, Stealth, and Swimming skills
FP (Fatigue Point) Cost is per hour of travel or battle fought carrying that load
Old 04-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #18
DAT

Dagur Icelandic Adventurer
Team Role: Slayer – Knight [WARRIOR]
He is a very large muscular man. He trained for much of his life with a secret order of demon fighting knights. He first encountered the supernatural when fighting a demon. He was able to kill all its henchmen, but it escaped. He was trying to track it down when he first met the Greystone team. They were able to find it, and he had the tools to kill it, so they teamed up and were able to kill it. He joined Greystone soon after and has been killing monsters all around the world ever since.

Playing Dagur:
You are obsessed with ridding the world of monsters, and you know you have the skills to do so. You are very confident in your abilities. You are very serious all the time, and are not one for humor. But you are a loyal member of the team.

View of Others:
Dagur– You.
Professor Arthur Blackwell – Colonel Blackwell is the team leader. He is British and is a good leader.
Lady Genovefa Feidlimid – Lady Feidlimid is a beautiful young Irish woman. She is skilled in magic.
Father Antonio Dell’Edera –Father Dell’Edera is a Catholic priest from Italy. His faith in God gives him special powers.
Lamar Taylor –Taylor is a good soldier from the United States. He is a deadly shot with his automatic rifle.
Don Pedro Vasquez – Don Vasquez is a Spanish nobleman who was born a Dhampir. He is a good monster hunter,.
Hajji Ashok Pasupathie – Hajji in an Indian Mystic with mystic healing powers, and other psionics.
Kewul Sigmh Zoon – Kewul is a Nepali man. He is one of the fastest people you have every seen. He is a good scout, and good with his weapons.
Pascal De Beauregard– Pascal is a Frenchman. He is a scout for the team and is able to sneak into places.
Professor Wolfgang Heinrick – Professor Heinrick is a German scientist and inventor.
Tojo Kawasaki – Tojo is from Japan and is a Samurai. His fighting style is different from yours, but he is similarly skilled.
Mehmet Golugolu – Mehmet is from Turkey. He is another ex-soldier and gunman for the team.

Name: Dagur Team Role: Slayer – Swordsman
Home Town: Reykjavík, Iceland

Attributes:
ST 18 [80];
DX 14 [80];
IQ 10 [0];
HT 14 [40].
Damage 1d+2/3d;
BL 65 lbs.;
HP 21 [6];
Will 14 [20];
Per 14 [20];
FP 14 [0];
Basic Speed 7.00 [0];
Basic Move 7 [0].
Cultural Familiarity
Western (Native) [0]
Languages:
Icelandic (Native/Native) [0]
French (Accented/Accented) [4]
Advantages:
Combat Reflexes [15];
Enhanced Dodge 1[15],
Extra Attack 1 [25],
High Pain Threshold [10];
Luck [15];
Signature Gear (Great Sword Haliburn) [5],
Trademark Move [1],
Weapon Master (Great Sword) [20].
Disadvantages:
Obsession (Rid the world of monsters) (9) [-15],
Overconfidence (12 or less) [-5],
No Sense of Humor [-10],
Skills:
Armoury (Melee Weapons) (A) IQ [2]-10;
*Blind Fighting (VH) Per-1 [4]-13.
Breath Control (H) HT-2 [1]-12;
Carousing (E) HT [1]-14;
Climbing (A) DX [2]-14;
Fast-Draw (Sword) (E) DX+1 [1]-14†;
First Aid (E) IQ+1 [2]-11.
Guns (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [2]-15;
Guns (Shotgun) (E) DX+2 [4]-16;
Hidden Lore (Demons) (A) IQ+1 [4]-11;
Intimidation (A) Will [2]-13; or
Karate (H) DX [4]-14.
Occultism (A) IQ+1 [4]-11.
*Push (H) DX [4]-14;
Running (A) HT-1 [1]-13;
Stealth (A) DX [2]-14;
Spear (A) DX+1 [4]-15;
Swimming (E) HT [1]-14;
Two-Handed Sword (A) DX+12 [48]-26.
Theology (Abrahamic) (H) IQ [4]-10;
Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4]-15.

† Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.

Weapons
1 Thrusting Great Sword Haliburn, Skill 26
Dam 3d+11 cut/1d+8 imp, Reach:1,2 Parry:0* ST:12 Wgt:7
1 Winchester Model 12 Trench (12G 2.75”) Shotgun, Skill 16
Dam 1d+1 pi, Acc 3, Range:50/125 RoF 3x9, Shots:7+1 (3i), Bulk:-5. Rcl:1, Wgt:8.9/0.8
1 Colt Government (45 ACP) Pistol, Skill 15
Dam 2d+2 pi++, Acc 2, Range:175/1700 RoF 3, Shots:7+1(3), Bulk:-2. Rcl:2, Wgt:3/0.6

Armor & Possessions (Dagur):
• Leather Long Coat (p. HT64) [Torso, Limbs]. DR 1. $250, 10 lbs.
• Skullcap (p. HT69) [Head]. DR 3. $50, 1 lb.
• Very Fine Magic Thrusting Great Sword Haliburn [Back Sheath ].. $10, 7 lb.
• Canteen (p. HT53) [Belt]. w/ 1 quart (2 lbs./full quart).of holy water (p. 11). $10, 3 lbs.
• 2x MK II Fragmentation Grenades (pp. HT191, PGT31) [Waist Pack]. $40, 2.6 lbs.
• 2x MK II Silver Fragmentation Grenades (p. 13) [Waist Pack or Belt]. $640, 3.6 lbs.
• Shoulder Holster (p. HT154) [Torso]. -1 Fast-Draw. $50, 1 lb.
• Colt .45 Government Match Pistol (pp. HT98, PGO17-18) [Shoulder Holster]. Acc 3. $950, 2.3 lbs.
• Pistol Magazine Pouch (p. PGO33) [Torso]. Holds two magazines. $15, 0.3 lb.
• Pistol Magazine Pouch (p. PGO33) [Belt]. Holds two magazines. $15, 0.3 lb.
• 5x 7-Round Magazines [Pouch]. $108 (one free) , 0.80 lb.
• 35x Rounds .45 ACP HP (pp. HT166-167, 176) [Magazines]. Dmg 2d(0.5) pi++. $17.50, 1.65 lb.
• 35x Rounds .45 ACP Silver HP (pp. 13, HT166-167, 176) [Magazines]. $182, 1.65 lb.
Dmg 2d(0.5) pi++ with follow-up silver effect. + HP filled with garlic (pp. HT167, 168)
• Shotgun Sling (p. HT154) [Torso]. As for rifle sling. $10, 1 lb.
• Winchester Model 12 Trench Shotgun (pp. PGO25) [Sling]. $675, 8.9 lbs.
• 2x Ammo Pouches (p. PGO33) [Belt]. Hold …. $100, 1 lb.
• 40x Rounds 12G 2.75” Buckshot (p. HT176) [Ammo Pouch]. $20, 4.4 lbs
• 40x Rounds 12-Gauge 2.75” Silver Buckshot (pp. 13, HT166-167, 176) [Ammo Pouch]. $460, 4.4 lbs.

Load = 86.46 lbs lbs (Light Encumbrance (1))

< BL (65 lbs) None BM (7 yds/sec) 0 / 1
< 2xBL (130 lbs) Light BM x 0.8 (5) 1 / 2
< 3xBL (195 lbs) Medium BM x 0.6 (4) 2 / 3
< 6xBL (390 lbs) Heavy BM x 0.4 (2) 3 / 4
< 10xBL (650 lbs) Extra-Heavy BM x 0.2 (1) 4 / 5

FP (Fatigue Point) Cost is per hour of travel or battle fought carrying that load
Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #19
DAT

Tojo Kawasaki, Japanese Traveler
Team Role: Slayer – Samurai Swordsman [WARRIOR]
He is a large muscular Japanese man. He trained for much of his life with a secret order of Monster fighting Samurai, who guard the Emperor. Blackwell’s team helped stop a zombie outbreak in Japan. In appreciation, the Emperor has put Kawasaki San in Greystone’s service for the next five years. Kawasaki San has been killing monsters all around the world with the team ever since.

Playing Tojo:
You are a Samurai and live the code of Bushido. You are fanatical about the team’s mission of slaying monsters. You still consider the Emperor as your master, but you are a loyal member of the team.

View of Others:
Tojo Kawasaki – You.
Professor Arthur Blackwell –Blackwell San is the team leader. He is British and is a good leader.
Lady Genovefa Feidlimid – Lady Feidlimid is a beautiful young Irish woman. She is skilled in magic.
Father Antonio Dell’Edera –Father Dell’Edera is a Catholic priest from Italy. His faith in God gives him special powers.
Lamar Taylor –Sergeant Taylor San is a soldier from the United States. He is very good with his automatic rifle.
Don Pedro Vasquez – Don Vasquez San is a Spanish nobleman who was born a Dhampir. He is a good monster hunter.
Hajji Ashok Pasupathie – Hajji San is an Indian Mystic with healing powers, and other psionics. Very helpful after fighting monsters.
Kewul Sigmh Zoon – Kewul San is a Nepali man. He is one of the fastest people you have every seen. He is a good scout, and good with his weapons.
Pascal De Beauregard– Pascal San is a Frenchman. He is a scout for the team and is able to sneak into places.
Professor Wolfgang Heinrick – Wolfgang San is a German scientist and inventor.
Dagur– Dagur San is from Iceland. He is like a European Samurai. His fighting style is different from yours, but he is similarly skilled.
Mehmet Golugolu – Mehmet San is from Turkey. He is another ex-soldier and gunman for the team.

Name: Tojo Kawasaki Team Role: Slayer – Samurai Swordsman
Home Town: Kyoto , Japan

Attributes:
ST 17 [70];
DX 14 [80];
IQ 10 [0];
HT 14 [40].
Damage 1d+2/3d-1;
BL 58 lbs.;
HP 20 [6];
Will 13 [15];
Per 14 [20];
FP 14 [0];
Basic Speed 7.00 [0];
Basic Move 7 [0].
Cultural Familiarity
Asian (Native) [0]
Languages:
Japanese (Native/Native) [0]
French (Accented/Accented) [4]
Advantages:
Combat Reflexes [15];
Danger Sense [15];
Enhanced Dodge 1 [15];
Enhanced Parry 2 (Katana) [10]
Extra Attack 1 [25],
Fit [5]
High Pain Threshold [10];
Luck [15];
Weapon Master (Samurai Weapons) [30].
Disadvantages:
Code of Honor (Bushido) [-15]
Fanaticism (The Mission) [-15]
Skills:
Blind Fighting (VH) Per-1 [4]-13.
Bow (A) DX+1 [4]-15;
Breath Control (H) HT-2 [1]-12;
Broadsword (A) DX+10 [0]-24
Climbing (A) DX [2]-14;
Fast-Draw (sword) (E) DX+1 [1]-14†;
First Aid (E) IQ+1 [2]-11.
Guns (Rifle) (E) DX [1]-14;
Hidden Lore (Cryptozoology) (A) IQ [2]-10;
Hidden Lore (Demons) (A) IQ [2]-10;
Hidden Lore (Restless Undead) (A) IQ [2]-10;
Hidden Lore (Vampires) (A) IQ [2]-10;
Immovable Stance (H) DX [4]-14;,
Intimidation (A) Will [2]-13;
Judo (H) DX [4]-14;
Karate (H) DX [4]-14.
Observation (A) Per [2]-14.
Occultism (A) IQ+1 [4]-11.
Parry Missile Weapons (H) DX [4]-14;
Push (H) DX [4]-14;
Running (A) HT-1 [1]-13;
Shortsword (A) DX+8 [0]-22;
Stealth (A) DX [2]-14;
Swimming (E) HT [1]-14;
Two-Handed Sword (A) DX+12 [48]-26
Thrown Weapon (Shuriken) (E) DX+1 [2]-15;
† Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.

Dual Weapon (Katana/Wakizashi) [5] -24/22

Weapons
1 Very Fine Katana, Skill 26 (two-handed) /24 (one-handed)
Two-Handed: Dam 3d+6 cut/1d+5 imp, Reach:1,2 Parry:0* ST:12 Wgt:7
One-Handed: Dam 3d+5 cut/1d+5 imp, Reach:1,2 Parry:0* ST:12 Wgt:7
1 Very Fine Wakizashi , Skill 22 (1d+5/3d+4)
Dam 3d+4 cut/1d+5imp, Reach:1,2 Parry:0* ST:12 Wgt:7
1 Arisaka Meiji 38 Shiki Shoujuu (6.5x50mmSR Arisaka) Rifle, Skill 14
Dam 6d+2 pi, Acc 6, Range: 600/3200 RoF 1, Shots:5 (3), Bulk:-6. Rcl:3, Wgt:9.4/0.25

Armor & Possessions (Tojo Kawasaki):
• Leather Long Coat (p. HT64) [Torso, Limbs]. DR 1. $250, 10 lbs.
• Skullcap (p. HT69) [Head]. DR 3. $50, 1 lb.
• Canteen (p. HT53) [Belt]. w/ 1 quart (2 lbs./full quart).of holy water (p. 11). $10, 3 lbs.
• 2x MK II Fragmentation Grenades (pp. HT191, PGT31) [Waist Pack]. $40, 2.6 lbs.
• 2x MK II Silver Fragmentation Grenades (p. 13) [Waist Pack or Belt]. $640, 3.6 lbs.
• Very Fine Katana, [Belt].. $6,500 5 lbs.
• Very Fine Wakizashi [Belt].. $4,000, 2 lbs.
• Rifle Sling (p. HT154) [Torso]. $10, 1 lb.
• Fine (Accurate) Arisaka Meiji 38 Shiki Shoujuu Rifle (p. PGT7) [Sling]. Acc 6. $1,400, 9.4 lbs.
• Cartridge Bandoleer (p. HT54) [Torso]. Holds 30 carbine rounds. $15, 1 lb.
• 20x Rounds 6.5x50mmSR Arisaka HP+P (p. PGT33) [Bandoleer]. Dmg 7d+2(0.5) pi++. $30, 1.32 lb.
• 20x Rounds 6.5x50mmSR Arisaka Silver HP+P (pp. 13, PGT33) [Bandoleer]. . $162, 1.32 lb.
Dmg 6d+2(0.5) pi+ with follow-up silver effect + HP filled with garlic (pp. HT167, 168)

Load = 86.46 lbs lbs (Light Encumbrance (1))

< BL (58 lbs) None BM (7 yds/sec) 0 / 1
< 2xBL (116 lbs) Light BM x 0.8 (5) 1 / 2
< 3xBL (174 lbs) Medium BM x 0.6 (4) 2 / 3
< 6xBL (348 lbs) Heavy BM x 0.4 (2) 3 / 4
< 10xBL (580 lbs) Extra-Heavy BM x 0.2 (1) 4 / 5

Old 04-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #20
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
HE TEASES US!
Teasing? Hell, I'm practically putting out over here! :)

In fact, if you know the right place to look, you can find me openly blabbing about everything in this -- er, hypothetical product that may or may not be in production/layout at the moment.

Tags
gurps, monster hunters