Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #21
PK

Default Re: GURPS Rifts?

If it helps the OP, several months ago there was a meme in which various character classes that bore a marked resemblance to various Rifts character classes (but were different enough to not be a violation of their intellectual property) were written up in GURPS terms. Unfortunately, I don't know of a common search term that will bring them all up -- but they're out there, if you're willing to trawl for them.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #22
The Whiner Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lurker
Palladium Books has no rights over this though. You can do any conversion you like and nobody will break into your home, grab your pencil and confiscate your notebook - you just can't put it online or publish it in any other way because that would be a violation of copyright.
But you can't double-check or talk about the darn things with the larger community of your system-of-choice. I for one am not so familiar with GURPS that I would be entirely comfortable doing the conversion without someone to kibbitz with.

Oh, well. I'm working on something else at the moment, anyway.

TWK

"When the human race is clocked on the stopwatch of history, it's a new record every time."
The Whiner Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #23
GnomesofZurich

I've got copies of the files that Rev is referring to. Credit should go out to Zorg for these.

Here are links to them: Techno wizard template
"Dreamer" Augmentation
Plane Walker
Chemically Augmented Supersoldier (with credit to Fnordianslip)
Complete Bionic Reconstruction
Partial Bionic Reconstruction
Telluric Master
Mystic Master
Supernatural Hunters (with credit to Fnordianslip)
Vampires

These templates may owe some inspiration to the system in question, but there are certainly plenty of other sources that would contribute to them as well. Still, if you're looking to run a game which includes high technology, supernatural elements, magic and other dimensions, the templates above would fit in quite well.

Edit: I missed out on this thread which compiles the templates above.

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 11-17-2006 at 01:39 PM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #24
combatmedic
Banned

What bout soemthing like this: Atlantis was dimensionally shifted by a huge Banestorm thousands of years ago. It did not actually sink[you can see the Rifts elements already].What actually happened is that the Atlanteans rode the Banestorm to the FUTURE! When the year X rolls around, Atlantis reappears in the Carribean, displacing several island countries. This is accompanied by freaky Banestorm effects [the Bermuda Triangle was just shockwaves travelling backward through time. The world's major powers are frightened enough to launch a preemptive strike. The Atlanteans release a Banestorm [attempting to escape?] but somehow lose control of it. The banestorm raises mana levels worldwide, destroys most of Atlantis, alters global climate, and opens gates to many other worlds. Invaders enter through the gates. Demons run wild across much of the broken world. From this point on it looks a lot like Rifts. But it isn't strictly Rifts, anymore than Rifts is TORG. You can set all your ''inspired by'' stuff in this sort of world and be safe from lawsuit. I would say it's too derivative to publish commercially.

Last edited by combatmedic; 10-27-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling, clarity
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #25
Aran

Bravo! I like it ;-)
Aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #26
combatmedic
Banned

Glad you like it . I used to occasionally run Rifts, but the system totally killed my joy. Personally, I think GURPS is a great system for multi genre settings like Rifts. Point costs go a long way toward balancing the game. You can just mix and match the various worldbooks.
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:31 AM   #27
mattyj77

Yeah, i' just going out to buy 4e gurps. I've got over 35 rifts books and i told them on their forum i was going to use another system. Look they can't sue me for 2 reasons, 1) i don't publish the material, 2) i'm in new zealand so they can try come get me but i'll just tell them to go back wherever ya came from (michagan).
mattyj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 AM   #28
Highland_Piper

Default So what about Robotech

No one answered the one question about Robotech converted?
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #29
Dinofreak2000

if the original poster cares, i have some Rifts templates i created. i won't post them but i can e-mail them if you like
Dinofreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #30
Shrale

one of the guys on Pyramid, the guy who used to organize the Playtests during the GURPS 3e era had a website with Rifts to GURPS. Sorry I don't recall his name.

they're rather picky about conversions on their own BBS, what you do on your own is your own business.

I got tired of waiting for a Rifts character generator program (as well as taking 1+ hour to build a PC), so I built my own.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Last edited by Shrale; 05-07-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Shrale is offline   Reply With Quote