Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
cupbearer

Default imbedded projectiles

Hi,

Okay, so projectiles like bullets and arrows that successfully hit a living target can become lodged in the victims body. I would think that a lodged projectile would have two additional effects, first off, causing pain and damage to remove and second, causing pain and debilitation while it remains lodged in the body (just imagine a splinter except 100x worse).

I know that there are rules in Low tech for pulling arrows out so that aspect is covered alright.

I was wondering about projectiles (esp. arrows) remaining lodged. How many battles have you seen where pc's run around feathered with arrows?!?!?! it should be an option for sure, but I think for realism the option of not pulling an arrow out should be a trade off of some kind. An arrow in the leg would impede movement until its removed, I think, or at the very least cause pain based penalties.

I haven't been able to find any rules models for this. What does everybody think? Do you know of a rule that covered this in a supplement at one point (4e preferably, but 3e would be fine too)? Or any house rule?

Oliver.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: imbedded projectiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupbearer View Post
What does everybody think?
This will lead to Death Spirals. If that's what you desire, thumbs up.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote