Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
i2ic0chet

Default Will not pursue/ Running Away

Hi guys/gals. Just wanted to say that I am new to this site and I bought the original Munchkin for Christmas as a gift to myself. We played it the prior evening and immediately throughout the game a bunch of questions were popping in my mind. I'm glad I found this site.

My first question deals on the premise of Running Away. Here is a scenario that happened in my first game.

I kicked opened the door to a level 20 Plutonium Dragon. His passive description read "Will not pursue anyone of Level 5 or below" I was a measly level 2 with no reasonable amount to defeat the dragon.

Here is my question. Because of his passive description of not pursuing anyone below level 5, does that mean I can just run away without rolling a die or DO I still need to roll a 5 or better to run away? Thanks again for the soon to be clarification
i2ic0chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Will not pursue/ Running Away

You do not have to roll, because the monster does not chase you. You get away free.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
erokow

Sorry to Necro this old thread, but I can't find the answer in my rules, or under the FAQ's, but it came up in a game last night.

I was level 2, and the monster I was up against was Hydrant (Will not pursue anyone of level 2 or below). Still, as a Gnome Warrior with a Shiny Cross Bow, and a big enough monster in my hand to beat it! But we didn't know if I was allowed to fight it. The table took a vote and it came up as "No, you can't fight it, because it won't persue you." But there are other cards, like "Monsters are Busy", which specifically reference "and will slam the door if attacked", does that mean that if I wanted to, I could still have fought the Level 15 Hydrant?
erokow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Dr. Mauric

It won't pursue IF you lose the combat and have to run away. If you can beat it you can still fight it.

Last edited by Dr. Mauric; 02-06-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: fixed mistake
Dr. Mauric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Bampop

Yes. "Will not pursue" only pertains to Run Away attempts. A Monster will always fight you (with some exceptions clearly spelled out on the cards) but if you have to Run Away, some don't waste time chasing low Level snacks.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote