Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
Harry O'Gane

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
I wasn't set on the backstory and nationality but I am not too keen on playing a knight. If I can stick with the Mercenary concept then ok. Otherwise I would rather not.
Yes, the concept of being a Mercenary kind of shambles the whole thing of being the main PC. Since main PC is going to be a nephew/niece of the Lord of Simonton, it does sound a bit improbable for him/her to be a mercenary leader... and things that would be put in front of the main PC, well, kind of clash with the concept of being a mercenary.

It's all swell, we'll wait a bit and see who else joins the team.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
@zoncxs: First of all, what is your experience with Banestorm and Mass Combat? Even though you can be pretty new with Banestorm, basic grasp of Mass Combat meta-system is necessary to play this campaign.

Also, if you're planning on playing a mage, take note that you will have a hard time casting spells and... well, "being" a mage. See the first post for basic info on mages.

Marko

I have both books, I have read (skimed) mass combat and will go back to it for this. as for a mage, yeah I like the challenge :D
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
I have both books, I have read (skimed) mass combat and will go back to it for this. as for a mage, yeah I like the challenge :D
Good. The reason why I ask for some basic MC knowledge is simply not to get the players bewildered once the real battles start.

Regarding the mage, believe me, it's going to be one hell of a challenge. :)

Marko
Old 07-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Captain-Captain

just a reminder: Terran English and Yrthian Anglish no longer default to each other. Latin does, Arabic might but likely won't for the sane reason English doesn;t. basically terran PCs are essentially in \commuicado. Sucks don't it?
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
Epic Kobold

Quote:
@Epic Kobold: The lizard is at 147 points at the moment.

Since he is a Knight of the Stone, I'd suggest to remove that Weirdness Magnet and replace it with Honesty, or some Code of Honor, or simply a Duty towards the knights.

What must definitely go there is the duty to the Lord of Simonton, because this character (I reccomend) should be under his wing:
Duty: Lord of Simonton (FoA: 9) [-5]

No need to take Patron, I kind of tend to omit Patrons in my campaigns.

Regarding your backstory, does it sound ok if Walton, current Lord of Simonton was the scholar who took you under his wing and taught you of everything your character knows?

Also, I take it you took Albinism simply as a feature of your character? A color, I mean, he only looks white, but doesn't suffer of the mentioned disease (now that I think of it, can lizards suffer from Albinism?)

Marko
Oh my, how embarassing. I shall make the suggested edits.
I couldn't find the genetic disease in my limited library, so he's just a black-eyed-white

Yes, lizards can be albino. As far as I know, all vertebrates can be.
Iguana
Skinks
Leopard Gecko
And my favorite of the group, monitors.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain View Post
just a reminder: Terran English and Yrthian Anglish no longer default to each other. Latin does, Arabic might but likely won't for the sane reason English doesn;t. basically terran PCs are essentially in \commuicado. Sucks don't it?
Yes, I am aware of the fact. As described on p. 33, Classical Arabic = Ytarrian Arabic, spoken Arabic = one level less of Ytarrian. Anglish defaults to Northland at broken level, and vice versa. With native knowledge of English, roots of Anglish can be recognized, but the language can hardly be mastered just by listening to it.

Marko
Old 07-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Yes, the concept of being a Mercenary kind of shambles the whole thing of being the main PC. Since main PC is going to be a nephew/niece of the Lord of Simonton, it does sound a bit improbable for him/her to be a mercenary leader... and things that would be put in front of the main PC, well, kind of clash with the concept of being a mercenary.

It's all swell, we'll wait a bit and see who else joins the team.

Marko

I am sure he could still be a merc in that instance. Perhaps he was the "Black sheep" of the family and fell in with rabble. He could ahve worked hsi way up. Then when the family was in need they calle dupon him since he was the only one that could help. Either way is fine.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #18
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
I am sure he could still be a merc in that instance. Perhaps he was the "Black sheep" of the family and fell in with rabble. He could ahve worked hsi way up. Then when the family was in need they calle dupon him since he was the only one that could help. Either way is fine.
So far, you and Lamech have said they'd take on the roll. I'll send you both a PM once I have your chars. Then you'll sort between each other who would take on the role.

But yes, now that I think about it, there is a way to implement the mercenary as a main PC, too.

Marko
Old 07-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #19
Skullcrusher

I will default to Lamech.. but perhaps he could be still be "Black Sheep" of the family anyways...and still have Lamech be the main character. Perhaps a second or third cousin on his mothers side....Or a bastard of his his Uncle....or something where he has no title but is still a relative. Or not... :)

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
I will default to Lamech.. but perhaps he could be still be "Black Sheep" of the family anyways...and still have Lamech be the main character. Perhaps a second or third cousin on his mothers side....Or a bastard of his his Uncle....or something where he has no title but is still a relative. Or not... :)
Or how about two cousins? If that is agreeable with Lamech.

Marko

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth