Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #101
Fred Brackin

Default Re: [IW] Zeppelins mean Alternate Timelines. So, how are they made feasible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
...are you saying you think fixed wing aircraft lift scales with the cube of dimension?
No. I was not positively asserting the opposite of your statement. I was only saying I had never seen any support for your statement.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #102
Green-Neck

Default Re: [IW] Zeppelins mean Alternate Timelines. So, how are they made feasible?

A reason for LTA craft to exist is remote accessability. imagine a transport network for developing africa, or outback australia that required no more infratructure than a large open space. the flying boats of the 30's were less aerodynamic, but very popular for being able to land in remote and less developed places. Airships like the Lockheed Martin P791 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-791] don't require ground crew for handling on the ground. it also uses a hybrid 'just lighter than air' vessle with aerodynamic lift from the hull shape at very low speeds.

Last edited by Green-Neck; 10-14-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Green-Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airship, alternate history, infinite worlds