Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
MrMooky

Default Do Mojo bonuses stack?

Just thought of another one that I didn't come across in the FAQ.

Say I am an Atomic Zombie, and I am receiving help from someone who is also an Atomic Zombie. If they monster we are facing gets +5 against Atomic Zombies would it just be +5 total, or would it be +10?
MrMooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Do Mojo bonuses stack?

I moved this question to its own thread. In the future, try to keep it to one question per thread with a descriptive title. It helps future forum visitors in searching for their answers. Also, please avoid tacking questions on to your original post or later in the thread. We prefer that discussion of your original question, and only questions that are follow ups to a response appear later in the thread. And, that's for the same reason as above: It helps people search and prevents convoluted tangents from forming in a thread, often leading to immense amounts of chaos and confusion.

Thanks!
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Do Mojo bonuses stack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
Say I am an Atomic Zombie, and I am receiving help from someone who is also an Atomic Zombie. If they monster we are facing gets +5 against Atomic Zombies would it just be +5 total, or would it be +10?
This is actually covered in the rules, which is why it's not in the FAQ. Specific Monster bonuses against a Mojo and bonuses for a Mojo do not stack if two of the same Mojo are in the combat, unless, of course, the Monster says so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin Zombies Rules
The special abilities or vulnerabilities of the monster also apply to your helper, and vice versa. For instance, if you are not a Voodoo Zombie yourself, and a Voodoo Zombie helps you against the Nun, the monster is -2 against you. But if you are facing the TaxMan and
a Voodoo Zombie helps you, the monster’s combat strength is increased by 5.
This might be clearer in other sets rules, but the implication is that if you weren't already a Voodie Zombie (and the penalty had been applied to the Monster), it wouldn't get applied again.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote