Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Shiftkitty

Location: A little south of Heaven and a little north of Hell.
Default What are your tweaks?

How far have you tweaked things in your IN game? I'm always snuffling around for tweaks. In our game:

A player can take a Superior as a character (run as a background character), but you can't run a PC who works for that Superior. I hand the player the assignment and it's up to him to get the lesser angels to do the job. We assume that if you do not work for the Superior, you're either on loan or I'll make something up. (I keep Yves and Kronos as mine.)

We use most of the Superiors' backgrounds from the French, but pretty much everything else from the American game.

Through gameplay, the politics of Heaven as well as Hell are falling apart. (In Hell's case, they have fallen apart, and this is not necessarily a good thing for Heaven.)

Thanks to the above (and using the French backgrounds), Kobal, Haagenti, and Furfur have bailed from Hell recently and nobody knows they're gone yet. When they do find out, though, certain individuals may learn the part the "Three Amigos" played in Hell's collapse and will surely hunt them down.

The player who took control of Eli is trying to find them and see if he can redeem them... part-way at least, as he thinks they might do more good being somewhat evil (in the "It takes a thief to catch a thief" vein.) The player who took Jesus wants to redeem them completely because the comedy club scene in Heaven hasn't been the same since the Fall, and more laughter is always a good thing. Dominic wants them to stay lost because there are elements in their backgrounds that suggests heaven might owe at least Kobal a big apology.

So I guess our biggest tweak is mixing in some French cuisine, collapsing Hell, and allowing players to run Superiors.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Jason

Default Re: What are your tweaks?

I've switched between running two campaigns over the last few years.

The first started as a "canon" setting as written up in the books, but has changed a little since running pieces of The Revelations Cycle. (The Grigori have now been pardoned and invited back into Heaven for the role they played in helping the PCs thwart a demonic plot to start the Apocalypse ahead of schedule.)

The second game takes place in a setting in which Heaven has been closed since the end of Uriel's Purity Crusade. The PCs are all Renegade demons, ethereals, and humans. Politics are an even bigger deal in Hell than in the canon setting, as the demons themselves are the only thing keeping Hell from taking over Earth entirely. The biggest setting tweaks beyond this are probably that Valefor and Lilith are the closest there are to "good guys" among the remaining Superiors, Mariel was never really killed by Haagenti (just sent to Limbo for a long while), and Lucifer might not actually be Lucifer (as evidenced by Mariel's reaction upon being returned from Limbo, right before he obliterated her).

Those are the setting tweaks. I'm still mulling over rules tweaks. We have an awfully complex spreadsheet for our character sheet template just to auto-compute target numbers, and I'd really like to get away from that somehow.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heretical, tips