Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
Alan Hume

Default Re: My Pic on Wikipedia

Phew', that's a relief:.)

Yeah, Richard's stuff was pretty well done (once you get over the sound of the wind:.) I didn't realise that phones were quite so natty those days

Good to hear that Rick Loomis and your good self are getting it sorted

It has to be said Richard took a tremendous photo there, he framed things just right:.)

Oh, and I'll get a copy of KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE No. 166 sent out to Steve Jackson Games HQ for you, as I say, probably should have done it sooner (slaps self on forehead - Doh')
Alan Hume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
LKW
GURPS Traveller Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hume View Post
Phew', that's a relief:.)

Yeah, Richard's stuff was pretty well done (once you get over the sound of the wind:.) I didn't realise that phones were quite so natty those days
I saw him taking pictures with his phone, I just didn't realize I was in them : )

I'm used to being photographed at cons . . . I haven't reached the point where I charge people for it, unlike some celebrities I've seen.

Quote:
It has to be said Richard took a tremendous photo there, he framed things just right:.)
He caught so much of the background that a friend of mine recognized exactly where I was standing and shot me a photo he took of his wife when they were visiting the site a few years ago. She and I were standing within about 50 feet of the same spot.

Quote:
Oh, and I'll get a copy of KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE No. 166 sent out to Steve Jackson Games HQ for you, as I say, probably should have done it sooner (slaps self on forehead - Doh')
I look forward to seeing it.
www.lorenwiseman.com
www.irbw.com
LKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
LKW
GURPS Traveller Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hume View Post
Er, I just realised I may have messed up here somewhat too:.(

Several months ago I got in touch with KENZER AND CO (publishers of KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE MAGAZINE) to ask if they could highlight the current situation in KNIGHTS (just trying to help)

There was no intention here to challenge either your Ownership of said photograph or it's associated Copyright. Any mistake here is clearly of my making and not of anyone at Kenzer and Co.
Don't worry about it. Like I said, I'm OK with people using the cropped and edited version of the photo.
www.lorenwiseman.com
www.irbw.com
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #14
Alan Hume

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKW View Post
I saw him taking pictures with his phone, I just didn't realize I was in them : )

I'm used to being photographed at cons . . . I haven't reached the point where I charge people for it, unlike some celebrities I've seen.

Oh yeah, I was very disappointed that, after travelling for 21/2 hours (one way, still had the return trip) to a show in Glasgow (actually just outside and we ahd to trawl through the city to get there) I couldnt get an autograph with Nicola Bryant because I couldn't afford it.

Still, I did get there luckily enough about 30 minutes before Paul Darrow (Avon in Blake's 7) left, he was the main reason I went. He was a really nice guy and gave me a FREE autograph, brilliant.

He caught so much of the background that a friend of mine recognized exactly where I was standing and shot me a photo he took of his wife when they were visiting the site a few years ago. She and I were standing within about 50 feet of the same spot.

now, THAT is pretty darn amazing

I look forward to seeing it.
Just got it all sorted, I couldnt order it direct from the UK very easily (wanted to avoid huge postal costs) but one of the very nice folks on the Kenzer and Co forum is sorting it out
Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 AM   #15
Alan Hume

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKW View Post
Don't worry about it. Like I said, I'm OK with people using the cropped and edited version of the photo.
Thanks, had me worried there for a minute;.)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
Bozamus

Unless you specifically transfer copyright in writing, it's yours. Period. (except in specific cases of work for hire which this isn't.) That's the law from my understanding of it. Heck. It's yours up until 50 years after you die or something.

[assumption] You verbally gave limited usage rights to the people making the cards for a specified purpose.

[assumption] you sent Wiki a properly filled out DMCA notice.

The way of the web seems to be "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission."
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
LKW
GURPS Traveller Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by perigryne View Post
Unless you specifically transfer copyright in writing, it's yours. Period. (except in specific cases of work for hire which this isn't.) That's the law from my understanding of it. Heck. It's yours up until 50 years after you die or something.

[assumption] You verbally gave limited usage rights to the people making the cards for a specified purpose.

[assumption] you sent Wiki a properly filled out DMCA notice.

The way of the web seems to be "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission."
Sometimes they ask neither : )

As I remarked above, I now know who the artist is that Rick Loomis got to do the cropping, etc., and I am confident things will be settled to everyone's satisfaction very soon.
www.lorenwiseman.com
www.irbw.com