Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Edman

Default Cosmic Fit...

...that extends Fit's (but not Very Fit's) effects to FP lost to magic and other stuff (of course, not cumulative with the Recover Energy spell), how would you price that?

- Baron von Münchausen
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
smurf
Banned

Default Re: Cosmic Fit...

Why not VF?

IIRC Cosmic is 300%, Which would make Fit cost 20pts and VF 60pts.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
B9anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
...that extends Fit's (but not Very Fit's) effects to FP lost to magic and other stuff (of course, not cumulative with the Recover Energy spell), how would you price that?
somewhere between 50 and 100%. Without regard for the price of the advantage, I'd say it is a pretty standard 'removes an inherent limitation of the advantage' case of +50% pricing.

Considering that Fit is only 5 points and already a great deal at the price, I'd class it at +100% instead. Though I'd probably give it at +50% for Very Fit with a ruling that you'd have to take Very Fit to take the cosmic modifier for it.

But even so that would only be for recovery. The ability to halve your FP expenditure on spells and so forth would be too unbalanced to even bother pricing. Suffice to say, +300% would be the minimum starting point.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
Why not VF?
Because halving the FP spent for a flat advantage cost unrelated to the number of FP you have and how much FP your abilities cost is a portal to a nether world full of fun-sized people singing Follow The Yellow Brick Road.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Because halving the FP spent for a flat advantage cost unrelated to the number of FP you have and how much FP your abilities cost is a portal to a nether world full of fun-sized people singing Follow The Yellow Brick Road.
This immediately leads me to the image of a massive minotaur flinging around midgets with half-price Extra Effort horn slams...
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
This immediately leads me to the image of a massive minotaur flinging around midgets with half-price Extra Effort horn slams...
If I can wear a goblin as a jaunty hat, I can damn well do it with a munchkin.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You could arguably do it with some sort of energy reserve with affects others, followed up by a compartmentalized mind so both the compartment has a copy and the one controlling the body has a copy.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote