Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
But, that's not to say that I don't feel that what was stated, while factually correct, was morally questionable - at best.
FYI: This is going to be my last post on this subject, both because I have WAY too much else to do and because your tone has become unpleasantly hostile.

Quote:
Even your "strongest partners" and BFFs at Barnes and Noble can't tell the difference "boosters" and "cards in the boosters" - the product description on their website VERY CLEARLY says that the set is "a way to get five hard to find boosters all at once." Not "a way to get the cards from five hard to get boosters."
If you're going to quote me, quote me accurately. I said our relationship with B&N was one of our strongest partnerships. I did not say they were our strongest partner, and I certainly never called them BFFs.

Catalog copy is, by its nature, elliptical; having done plenty of marketing writing in my time, I know that subtleties often get missed in the crunch to make the blurb fit the space.

Quote:
What could have been done differently? Well, there was the Illuminator post that said "Grab one quick, because they won't be getting any more." And sure, FLGS's aren't getting any more, but the intent of this post was to convince folks that the set was going to be hard to get - right before you made a mass re-release at a nationwide retailer.
People who just want the single booster should be aware that it's going away. People who may want a couple of out-of-print boosters (or the cards therefrom, if you insist on 100% precision) can go pick up Game Changers at B&N instead.

Quote:
Then, when the other post came up, you could have stated something along the lines of "Currently, Munchkinomicon stand-alone boosters are not available via distributors. Stay tuned though." Is that hinting at the B&N pack? No. Because it specifically mentioned the Munchkinomicon booster, which is a completely different product, right?
No, I couldn't, because it was an unannounced product and company policy is not to discuss unannounced products.

Quote:
I'm not saying the person who paid $18 got a great deal by any means.
He got a better one -- if you'll go back and reread his post, you'll see he ended up buying it for a lot less than $18.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote