Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #11
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Print sheet translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yako2020 View Post
Armin, could I download the translated version of the charactersheet or be in violation of any law or copyright?
As Eric says, yes, please do. I appreciate when people take the time to do something like this, so please feel free to share your version of this sheet!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #12
Yako2020

EricBSmith can let me share what I'm doing with the character sheet and the Basic Module, but it has to be perfect!
Armin thank you for the attention you have given me, the command you taught was perfect, the words were replaced, but gradually I am looking at some missing translations and would like to know where and if you have how to translate that skill TL for NT
Example:
Photography / TL

BRASILEIRO UTILIZADOR DO GOOGLE TRADUTOR
Yako2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #13
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
EricBSmith can let me share what I'm doing with the character sheet and the Basic Module, but it has to be perfect!
Armin thank you for the attention you have given me, the command you taught was perfect, the words were replaced, but gradually I am looking at some missing translations and would like to know where and if you have how to translate that skill TL for NT
Example:
Photography / TL
This is like changing "from" in bonuses. Because GCA adds the /TL internally, you'll have to change it after you get the name, but before it prints. (That is easier than building the name from scratch yourself, which you could also do!)

Search for references to .FullNameTL, such as in Char.Items(curItem).FullNameTL. It will often be in a line looking something like this:

Code:
tmpName = Char.Items(curItem).FullNameTL
You'll just need to replace the /TL with /NT, like this:

Code:
tmpName = replace(tmpName, "/TL", "/NT", 1, -1, 1) 'NEW LINE
Sometimes the code uses tmpName, and sometimes tmp, so watch out for that.

Printing Equipment doesn't put the name into a variable at all, so if you want to change Equipment items also, you'll have to use a bit more work there, or be very careful when putting the replace() function around the Char.Items(curItem).FullNameTL, like so:

Code:
TextBox Char.Items(i).FullNameTL, NameLeft, CurrentY, DamageLeft - NameLeft, 0, True, True, False
becomes

Code:
TextBox replace(Char.Items(i).FullNameTL, "/TL", "/NT", 1, -1, 1), NameLeft, CurrentY, DamageLeft - NameLeft, 0, True, True, False
OR, because that can sometimes be confusing, you could just use something like this, instead:

Code:
tmpName = replace(tmpName, "/TL", "/NT", 1, -1, 1)
TextBox tmpName, NameLeft, CurrentY, DamageLeft - NameLeft, 0, True, True, False
But be aware that the different places that print Equipment will have different TextBox lines!
Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
Yako2020

Finally!
Thanks to Armin's help, I finished the translation and creation of the character sheet in Brazilian Portuguese, now I will proceed with the translation of the Basic Module.
Now I only have to know how to make such a file available for download if it is via link here:

CHARACTERSHEET BRAZILIAN PROTUGUESE

Last edited by Yako2020; 07-05-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Finally!
Thanks to Armin's help, I finished the translation and creation of the character sheet in Brazilian Portuguese, now I will proceed with the translation of the Basic Module.
Now I only have to know how to make such a file available for download if it is via link here:

https://etecspgov-my.sharepoint.com/...3ABiIyH3P2rD2A
Yako, with your permission, I can host your translated file on the Character Sheets section of my GCA site.

Armin
Old 07-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
Yako2020

But of course you can!

Old 07-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #17
Armin
GCA Prime

Okay, I think I've finally gotten the sheet up on my site. It can be found here:

http://www.misersoft.com/gca/sheets/...personagem.php