Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #31
Nightmaster

Default Re: Asking for sugestions on how to start a "Survivalist" campaign

Thanks for all the ideas guys. It was really helpful.

I will be using the second scenario.

Now I have to develop a good backstory to "lure" my players into the trap. LOL
Nightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #32
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: Asking for sugestions on how to start a "Survivalist" campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmaster View Post
By survivalist I mean a campaign where the players would be throw out of their confort zones (professions and such) and have to work hard to simple survive.

I have three main scenarios to put my players into but I am at a loss on how to setup things up so that my players dont know what the game is all about. I like to make surprises like a Fallout Campaign I have run a few years ago (they didnt had it coming =P).

The first scenario is a classical Zombie Apocalipse. The catch is that the Apocalipse would have already happened and not in its initial stages like most scenarios of that type are played out. Like a few years after it started.

The second scenario is the classical Fall of Civilization. In this case the event that trigger it would be a massive Solar Eletromagnetic Storm, like the one that occured in 1859 (Solar storm of 1859) except that much more powerful. The end result would be the same, Human Civilization falls, the damage is so extense to the power grids and telecomunications world wide that no country is able to recover (of course electricity still works but any electrical device/generator that was powered at the time was destroied beyond repair and spare parts for a disaster of that scale no country in the world have). Wars for basic resources happen and thanks for the lack of medical and food supplies at the very least 70% of the world population dies in the first years.

The third scenario is the Lost World scenario (kinda). The players find thenselves stranded in a different land, with creatures of ages past (Dinosaurs and etc) and they dont know how or why or by order of Who.

How I make my players get surprised by all that in a way to avoid some smartasses in my group to "be prepared" for the setting?

Hope you guys can lend me a hand with this
Loving this question, I think itīs a quite interesting genre. Let me take a look to the whole thread.
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote