Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
ladyarcana55

Default Re: Lies Demons tell the young uns about Heaven

I had another thought related to the one I initially put down

"You know that Malakim live for honor. And do you know what honor is? It's destroying and humiliating your enemies in any way you can. It's putting fear the their hearts and minds. It's forcing your way with as many of their women as possible, and taking as much from your enemies as possible and leaving them with less than nothing. That's what honor is. That's what they live for and YOU are their enemy. They can't Redeem you until they have completely destroyed you. Don't you forget it."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I had another thought related to the one I initially put down

"You know that Malakim live for honor. And do you know what honor is? It's destroying and humiliating your enemies in any way you can. It's putting fear the their hearts and minds. It's forcing your way with as many of their women as possible, and taking as much from your enemies as possible and leaving them with less than nothing. That's what honor is. That's what they live for and YOU are their enemy. They can't Redeem you until they have completely destroyed you. Don't you forget it."
Sounds like something Baal's demons would spread. Projection isn't limited to mortals, after all ....

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #13
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Sounds like something Baal's demons would spread. Projection isn't limited to mortals, after all ....
You have to admit, the whole thing hinges on the definition of honor and everyone has their own understanding of that honor is.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
You have to admit, the whole thing hinges on the definition of honor and everyone has their own understanding of that honor is.

Agreed -- hence my comment. That seems to be honor as The War would understand it ... :)

Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
ladyarcana55

Sadly, it didn't even occur to me that that is something Baal would propagate. I just thought it would be the definition of honor as Hell would believe and it would be a way to scare the young Demons from even thinking about Redeeming.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Angels don't really have free will the way demons do. They're all just finger-puppets of their Archangel, running on predetermined scripts.
"They're fascists. Most of them don't have free will in any real sense--they're brainwashed to work for the collective. Borgs. And if one or even a few get an independent thought, they're immediately reported on by their fellows, and that little spark of initiative is quickly snuffed out."

Demons would portray angels as Borg, as something out of 1984, as any dystopian half-truth that emphasizes conformity and snitchery.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Demons would portray angels as Borg, as something out of 1984, as any dystopian half-truth that emphasizes conformity and snitchery.
And for Lilim, I can see how that would work so well.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
Rocket Man

I can also see a Balseraph trying:

"Trust me, you're lucky to be here. Even in the lower Heavens, being that close to God drives you a little nuts. Look at what happened to Gabriel and Eli. And they say Yves is losing it ...."

Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #19
ISNorden

"Heaven is just a nonstop round of singing praises and going on holy missions, who'd want to get bored with those after a few thousand years? I mean, look at how deathly serious, how holier-than-thou those Seraphim and Malakim get..."

Last edited by ISNorden; 05-30-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo fix
ISNorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #20
Rocket Man

"The angels say they consider humanity to be so special. Ever wonder why they're so obsessive about it? Hmmm? The truth is, the Grigori were punished because they were the only angels clumsy enough to get caught. Can't have people whispering about what's going on behind those gleaming white robes, after all ...

"Yeah, they're no different than Andre's boys and girls -- or most of us, really. One way or another, every celestial is out to screw humanity; we're just more honest about it."

Tags
demons