Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
mearrin69

Default Missing rchtxt.ocx?

Anybody else ever run into this problem? I tried to run GCA yesterday after not having used it for a while and received this notice.

Did a search on it and found lots of (disreputable-looking) places to download and instructions to install but didn't want to try it without asking first. No idea how the file would go missing...I certainly haven't done anything by hand to make it go away. Maybe it's better to just uninstall it and reinstall?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
M
mearrin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Missing rchtxt.ocx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
Anybody else ever run into this problem? I tried to run GCA yesterday after not having used it for a while and received this notice.

Did a search on it and found lots of (disreputable-looking) places to download and instructions to install but didn't want to try it without asking first. No idea how the file would go missing...I certainly haven't done anything by hand to make it go away. Maybe it's better to just uninstall it and reinstall?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
M
I occasionally have one or another OCX rudely disappear. I think one of my anti-malware apps does it, but I'm not sure. It is kinda annoying.

You should be able to just reinstall to get it back, since that's what I do.

*Note: GCA uses richtx32.ocx. If that's not the one you're actually missing, you may have a different issue altogether, and reinstalling GCA won't fix it.

Armin
Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
mearrin69

Thanks. I think I might have misquotes the name, typing it from memory. I think it was richtx30.ocx. In the interim I went ahead and reinstalled it from scratch and it seems to be working fine. Thanks again!
mearrin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
ClayDowling

It's a general problem with .ocx controls: they're prone to bitrot and sudden death.