Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Dark_0n3

Default "One Size Fits All"

Simple question regarding the card:
lets say Player A uses it and takes "wizard only" headgear - he is not a wizard and doesn't have a headgear before that. Later he kills a monster and picks up another headgear (he can wear it).
It's clear that if the order of those 2 event was opposite than it perfectly fine for him to wear both headgears. But this way it seems that he has a headgear already and should be able to wear additional one.
Dark_0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Pleh

Default Re: "One Size Fits All"

To my knowledge, One Size Fits All still consumes the Headgear slot, so I would rule that you can only wear one headgear even if you had that in play. You'd need a Cheat! card at my table to get away with that.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Clipper

MunchkinMan says here that you can keep One Size Fits All with the item to indicate that you can still use it. This heavily implies that the Item retains the ability to ignore usage restrictions (due to the 'number of heads' text) as long as it remains in play.

Thus, it seems safe to say that you could play a second piece of headgear at a later stage, provided you start using the Item you got with One Size Fits All immediately.

I could still be wrong, though...
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Hmmmm. I wrote a response to this, and either I never submitted it, or something else happened. I've always taken the seemingly emphatic nature of the statement that you can always use that particular Item, regardless of restrictions, to mean that it works akin to a Cheat! card. Thus, to the original question, the Wizard could then play the new Headgear and keep the one worn because of One Size Fits All.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote