Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
grimblefig

Default Cthulhu Dice: Hungry Cthulhu for multiple players

This past weekend, I played Cthulhu Dice with two five year olds and a nine year old, using the Hungry Cthulhu rules mod. I used the rules pretty much as written (even the inclusion of a plush Cthulhu at the table), but since there were a total of four people playing at once, I had to make a couple of simple changes to the rules.

For both the Yellow sign and the Tentacle, the player whose turn it is chooses their victim after the roll. You can only choose someone who has marbles, however. This is simple and quick, and keeps the game moving, while letting the youngsters have some control over who they are affecting.

A player that has lost his marbles continues playing, and can get new marbles from either a tentacle or a star. The game continues until only one player has any marbles, or until nobody has any marbles (Cthulhu wins!).

We played several games in less than an hour. Each player won at least one game, and Cthulhu won one, too! The kids seemed to enjoy it, and they now know the name of great Cthulhu, mwaahahahaha!

Last edited by grimblefig; 11-09-2010 at 12:10 PM.
grimblefig is offline   Reply With Quote