Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 05-07-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default May 8, 2018: Ogre Miniatures Second Edition Kickstarter

May 8, 2018: Ogre Miniatures Second Edition Kickstarter

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:42 AM   #2
Celjabba

Default Re: May 8, 2018: Ogre Miniatures Second Edition Kickstarter

United States only.... again.

I won't ever bother asking again what happened to 20+ years of shipping expertise and respect for your customers.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post

I won't ever bother asking again what happened to 20+ years of shipping expertise and respect for your customers.
The Ogre Miniatures rules, now that the project has met its goal, will be open for international pre-orders on Warehouse 23 later today.

http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558398555-sb

Those who pre-order during the Kickstarter project will get the exact same $35 book/set as Kickstarter backers. Keeping the international support _out_ of the Kickstarter allows us to better manage the stretch goals; if we were to include international support in the Kickstarter, the dollars pledged for shipping would drive us closer to stretch goals without really applying to the actual making of the things.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:25 AM   #4
Mack_JB

Quote:

Because American shipping companies have now taken to gouging as much money as possible for any form of shipments. Parcels sent within the United States are becoming outrageous.

I bought an $80 (USD) book from Australia earlier this year, postage was nearly $50. A box 28" x 12" x 12" within the USA is roughly $45 to $50.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #5
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Because American shipping companies have now taken to gouging as much money as possible for any form of shipments. Parcels sent within the United States are becoming outrageous.

I bought an $80 (USD) book from Australia earlier this year, postage was nearly $50. A box 28" x 12" x 12" within the USA is roughly $45 to $50.

I know, believe me I know. You don't want to know what I paid in shipping+custom for handmade camping stuff ordered in the US. It would likely have been cheaper to fly there and back myself, even including 4 different states internals flights. I seriously considered it.

But strangely, several small companies with little or no prior experience succesfully raise small or large scale kickstarters with a pledge manager for handling shipping fees separately after the KS, and reshipping arranged from within America/EU/Asia ...

SJG will not, rather only offering the expensive shipping from US.
While I can understand that it make financial sense for them, it left a bad "second-class customer" aftertaste.

Not to mention that we cannot help reach the KS targets, and that promoting the KS among friends and local clubs/shops is pointless.

I will pay more in shipping/custom for "Triplanetary" than for the game itself. Ordered from warehouse23.
Shipping nearly doubled my "GITD Ogre miniatures I set" price, and they have yet to be delivered now that I think of it...

I guess I will stick to Gurps pdf and forget about physical SJG products. My wallet can't handle it.

Yes, I realize I sound bitter.
Sorry.
But bombarding fans with ads for what they want, and then telling them " not for you" rarely create happiness.

Anyway. Good luck with the Kickstarter. It is nice to see New Ogre stuff .

Last edited by Celjabba; 05-09-2018 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Removing unrelated stuff
Old 05-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
. . . but since then, there is no e23 customer services, and second-class (ie non-US) customers are routinely ignored.
If your emails to customer service are being ignored, please contact me directly: phil@sjgames.com
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:

But strangely, several small companies with little or no prior experience succesfully raise small or large scale kickstarters with a pledge manager for handling shipping fees separately after the KS, and reshipping arranged from within America/EU/Asia ...

For some reason*, SJG will not, rather only offering the insanely expensive shipping from US.
While I can understand that it make financial sense for them, it left a bad "second-class customer" aftertaste.

Not to mention that we cannot help reach the KS targets, and that promoting the KS among friends and local clubs/shops is pointless.

We have attempted to work with partners in various regions to lower the overall cost. It has not. Preorders through Warehouse 23 are our best solution at this time.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #8
rockwoofstone

Whilst I can see the rulebook itself has now appeared on W23, I can't see the equivalent packages which are offered in the Kickstarter.

I was looking for the $150 package as per the Kickstarter. How do I order this as an International customer?
rockwoofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #9
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
We have attempted to work with partners in various regions to lower the overall cost. It has not. Preorders through Warehouse 23 are our best solution at this time.
As I said elsewhere, I understand why.
And if the choice is between No Ogre and US-only Ogre, the right choice is obvious.
But it is frustrating, both I imagine for you and for us.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #10
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwoofstone View Post
Whilst I can see the rulebook itself has now appeared on W23, I can't see the equivalent packages which are offered in the Kickstarter.

I was looking for the $150 package as per the Kickstarter. How do I order this as an International customer?
There isn't an "I Want It All" specific item on Warehouse 23, but the Battle Box, Many Minis, and Rulebook are all now posted for international preorder: http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558399701-sb
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote