Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:10 PM   #31
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I may be using a CAD program to plan mine out, then have the relevant part 3D printed. Or I might just get in there with tools and screw some stuff up.
To be fair, what you've described to me in private is orders of magnitude more insane than anything I've got on the docket. I couldn't imagine trying to do that without 3D modeling software...or a crate of miniatures to sacrifice to 'getting it right'.

I might take the poster-tack, Project Huscarl, and an old credit card [yes really, it's how I'm getting the "kinda crisp I guess it is still a soft medium after all" edges] up to my sister's house. I like the placement of the 'wart' on its back, but am not sold on the shape...don't love it enough to move ahead with real production, but don't hate it enough to have a driving need to change it. Had a couple ideas, though.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #32
ColBosch

Yeah, my Sekrit Projekt Huscarl is absolute madness. I am really chomping at the bit to get my hands on Set 2, because I also have crazy ideas on how to do an Israeli Golem. Oh, and the Nihon Oni. Guess I need to buy some more Mk. IIIs...
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #33
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Yeah, my Sekrit Projekt Huscarl is absolute madness. I am really chomping at the bit to get my hands on Set 2, because I also have crazy ideas on how to do an Israeli Golem. Oh, and the Nihon Oni. Guess I need to buy some more Mk. IIIs...
I don't know enough about the Golem...I saw it go by in The Ogre Book and/or GURPS Ogre when I picked those up, but it all seemed pretty vague. Not enough to have an idea for a kitbash, that's for sure, but I get the feeling that's half the fun / mystery of the Golem.

Also imagine it wouldn't be too hard to adapt the "Duckling" rules from the Vulcan to bring it to life in-game (pun intentional).

What I do know for sure is that I do not want to look at my bank statement next month. Just bumped up to 2 books so I know a friend gets the chipboard...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Old 05-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #34
ColBosch

The main thing with the Golem is that it's described as being roughly equivalent to a Mk. III, but mounts weapons more comparable to the Mk. IV (1 MB, 3 SB, 3 missile racks). So I'm going to base it on a Mk. IV. It's not quite as insane as my Huscarl, now that I think about it.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:03 PM   #35
TheAmishStig

There's very little that is as crazy as your Huscarl, good sir. I can't wait to see it finished.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Old 05-25-2018, 11:16 PM   #36
ColBosch

It just struck me that with the Mk. VI now a very real possibility, I can finally do up a proper Coelacanth and the Junkyard Dog from Ogrezine. Oh yes.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:43 AM   #37
woodchuck

Quote:
Maybe the Brazilians did something weird with a Fencer clone.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 AM   #38
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
Maybe the Brazilians did something weird with a Fencer clone.
Right, I forgot about that. I have a plan to convert one of those into a non-canon model.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #39
Izzy_B

Quote:
because I also have crazy ideas on how to do an Israeli Golem.
Not sure if this was ever canon or non-canon as an Ogre but theres a scenario I'm cooking up where very specifically neither the IDF nor any of the Greater Arab League armies will use Ogres because both see them as essentially golems/djinnis and that while this type of non human entity may serve to protect at first, it never ends well for those that summon one and thats kind of key to the scenario and its variants.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #40
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
Not sure if this was ever canon or non-canon as an Ogre but theres a scenario I'm cooking up where very specifically neither the IDF nor any of the Greater Arab League armies will use Ogres because both see them as essentially golems/djinnis and that while this type of non human entity may serve to protect at first, it never ends well for those that summon one and thats kind of key to the scenario and its variants.
Canonically, the IDF developed their own cybertank - called the Golem - in great secrecy. They only revealed it when a Combine/Paneuro battle spilled over into their territory. It had the speed of a Mk. III, but mounted firepower more in line with a Mk. IV - 1 MB, 3 SB, and 3 missile racks, plus appropriate AP batteries. Oddly, it seemed to have worked. The Israeli Empire may very well have survived the Last War, making it the last major human-controlled nation in the Factory States era.