Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #4361
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch leans forward saying softly "The End Times will come when the Trump sounds and not a moment before. But some fools try and trigger it early. So, I repeat, where are your compatriots?"
"Typical angel. Can't handle change and doesn't believe the truth until the seraph hears it. So whichever one of you that is, listen well:

"Apollo's horses are in that car. Phaethon ran away, if he's smart but he's not so he will probably be back to fetch them." He pauses dramatically. "I am here, one of those you called to be here. Lots of us come when called, which is no doubt why you hate sorcerers, witches, and pagans. You can't fault us for being compelled to come." Defiance. "Some come walking anyway, keep their heads on the shoulders of their very, very expensive vessels. We are the lucky ones. The rest either possess or hang out at Misrule's parties begging for scraps. Or die forgotten in the mists of the Ether."

If you're paying attention, you notice Ryuki heading for the door.

"We don't need the End Times to wind you up. We just need a little conflict to start a war."

Unless he's stopped, Ryuki will let himself out, a grim look on his face. Von Galen leans back and folds his arms, or would if two martial angels weren't holding his elbows.

Corat calls after him, "Ree?" but doesn't want to use his full name here and doesn't want to let go of the prisoner.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #4362
tHEhERETIC

(Is my previous reply showing up?)
Old 05-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #4363
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
(Is my previous reply showing up?)
(About Ryuki leaving the tent? I see it)
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #4364
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch leans forward saying softly "The End Times will come when the Trump sounds and not a moment before. But some fools try and trigger it early. So, I repeat, where are your compatriots?"
Quote:
"Typical angel. Can't handle change and doesn't believe the truth until the seraph hears it. So whichever one of you that is, listen well:

"Apollo's horses are in that car. Phaethon ran away, if he's smart but he's not so he will probably be back to fetch them." He pauses dramatically. "I am here, one of those you called to be here. Lots of us come when called, which is no doubt why you hate sorcerers, witches, and pagans. You can't fault us for being compelled to come." Defiance. "Some come walking anyway, keep their heads on the shoulders of their very, very expensive vessels. We are the lucky ones. The rest either possess or hang out at Misrule's parties begging for scraps. Or die forgotten in the mists of the Ether."

If you're paying attention, you notice Ryuki heading for the door.

"We don't need the End Times to wind you up. We just need a little conflict to start a war."

Unless he's stopped, Ryuki will let himself out, a grim look on his face. Von Galen leans back and folds his arms, or would if two martial angels weren't holding his elbows.

Corat calls after him, "Ree?" but doesn't want to use his full name here and doesn't want to let go of the prisoner.
A strange whistling sound comes from outside the tent near where Ryuki exited, well, to the humans it's a strange whistle. To the angels it's just language. Nisroc Boss here. I'm just having an instructive chat with Ryuki who is stubbornly insisting I trust him blindly but that's normal isn't it?. Meanwhile you need to ask that guy Von Galen the important question at least to a Mercurian like me. It's not where his compatriots are, it's who they are. And who answers to who. I'll be listening with resonance from here.

Corat smiles, and it's full of mischief. With his free hand he flicks Von Galen's face with his fingers, hard enough to sting but not so bad as to injure the ethereal. Von Galen flinches and tries to back away but no matter what angle he tries the Ofanite makes his mark. It's an expression of raw power as only a Wheel of War can provide. "Guys? I don't think he's answered the question."

This makes Von Galen a bit worried. He did answer the question! Sure, he was smarmy about it, but he told them everything!

Or did he?

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-28-2018 at 09:26 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:01 PM   #4365
ladyarcana55

Quote:
It's an expression of raw power as only a Wheel of War can provide. "Guys? I don't think he's answered the question.
Sunae reaches behind her. There is a small trill of Disturbance as a sword appears from out of nowhere.

"Perhaps we need to rephrase the question"
Old 05-30-2018, 06:09 PM   #4366
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae reaches behind her. There is a small trill of Disturbance as a sword appears from out of nowhere.

"Perhaps we need to rephrase the question"
Mitch holds up his hand "Let's not break out the big guns yet. Metaphorically speaking that is." He fold his arms across his chest and stares at Von Galen "Who came with you? Who's coattails did you ride? You're not big enough or important enough to come though on your own."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #4367
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Mitch holds up his hand "Let's not break out the big guns yet. Metaphorically speaking that is." He fold his arms across his chest and stares at Von Galen "Who came with you? Who's coattails did you ride? You're not big enough or important enough to come though on your own."
"Mitch...have you forgotten? When we were chasing the Death God, we were stupid enough to allow Odin to bring his men with him. This one sped away first chance he got. Obviously well planned. So technically, he stole this vessel from Laurence."
Old 06-02-2018, 12:18 AM   #4368
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch watches the Ethereals pour into their area and shoots Corat an uneasy glance, murrmering to him "It's almost if they were standing by, waiting for the Baron's summons is it not?" He nods at Ligeia and starts to head towards where they just saw Ted.
Quote:
(Laurence and Janus having a conversation)
"So this is our best plan of action, you think? Michael thinks?" Laurence's voice is ever so slightly peevish.

"We do not attack directly, and thus Baal can't counterattack. So goes Balseraph-think. And the Loa are with us, but they are not of us."

Laurence nods to the Baron respectfully. "But there was," he say diplomatically, "some recent difficulty. And you are arguing to lift a thousand-plus year-old ban, for one ethereal."

"Michael convinced us to make one change, and..."

Laurence usually doesn't cut people off when speaking, and it had to take a special skill to cut off an elder Ofanite. "...and we have no payoff yet, except that we're looking at more changes. I understand you appreciate change, but some things must remain. We drove them here for good reason."

He repeats himself, but his voice seems pointed directly at Glen. "We drove them here for good reason. You do not have the power to put them back, but we do, but not without cost. So," he widens his voice to include Sunae. "You as children of Earth--do you know what the gods would do if they could return? Could you bear the consequences? Would you want to? Could you deal with our intervention should it be needed?"

"This has always been about souls and free will," Janus agrees. You don't speak for all of humanity by any right, but right now yours are the opinions we need. Do we set these spirits loose? And how many? "
Quote:
Speaking of pursuits…where’s the Hunt? A crash of metal outside is followed by raucous laughter. A peek outside reveals seven motorcycles, seven tough guys and one petite woman who has apparently chosen not to ride the strange fickle steeds. One rider bears a pair of stag horns on his helmet (at least you hope that’s a helmet!) and one rider is shorter and beefier than the other six. It is the latter they are laughing at, for dropping his bike because his feet barely touch the ground.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Mitch...have you forgotten? When we were chasing the Death God, we were stupid enough to allow Odin to bring his men with him. This one sped away first chance he got. Obviously well planned. So technically, he stole this vessel from Laurence."
"It was a lovely game of six-card monty, but you yourself," Corat addresses Sunae, "pointed out earlier that this," he flicks Von Galen again, "is not one of Laurence's. Laurence puts trackers on his, for one. No, this," flick "was something the ethereals built. At some expense, and with outdated specs. So yeah," flick "answer the nice man's questions."

"You have no idea the expense." He's serious to the point of ominous, despite the circumstances. "Nothing short of a miracle got enough gods together to gather enough Essence to put together this body." A moment of ribaldry. "Everyone, or almost everyone. The Olympians, the Aesir, the Lo---" there are some things he fears even more than present company. "My job was simply to gather followers, Essence...food." He sniffles, hiding what must be terrible fear. "And to wait for further instructions."

"Your plan all along was to run."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-02-2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Acknowledging that Sunae was right
Old 06-20-2018, 12:43 AM   #4369
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
A strange whistling sound comes from outside the tent near where Ryuki exited, well, to the humans it's a strange whistle. To the angels it's just language. Nisroc Boss here. I'm just having an instructive chat with Ryuki who is stubbornly insisting I trust him blindly but that's normal isn't it?. Meanwhile you need to ask that guy Von Galen the important question at least to a Mercurian like me. It's not where his compatriots are, it's who they are. And who answers to who. I'll be listening with resonance from here.

Corat smiles, and it's full of mischief. With his free hand he flicks Von Galen's face with his fingers, hard enough to sting but not so bad as to injure the ethereal. Von Galen flinches and tries to back away but no matter what angle he tries the Ofanite makes his mark. It's an expression of raw power as only a Wheel of War can provide. "Guys? I don't think he's answered the question."

This makes Von Galen a bit worried. He did answer the question! Sure, he was smarmy about it, but he told them everything!

Or did he?
If you're listening very closely you can hear Nisroc say "Got it." He's very close to the entrance.

Ryuki is closer. He sees his old friend taunting Von Galen and clearly does not like it. He counts the people in the room and comes to a decision ((that is intended to wrap up this thread so I can start in with the next, more down-to-earth one)). He steps solidly into the tent and explains himself.

"Me. You," he points to the Malakite, "a footsoldier. You and you," Corat and Sunae, but he's mindful that Von Galen is listening, "living on the edge. Her," Cameron, "born yesterday. No offense. Him," he looks around to see whether Glen has bugged out yet and shrugs. "We're nobodies. This is the largest war in the universe just gone to the next level, and they sent us. I don't like it." He'd shake Mitch's hand if he thought he'd accept it right now. Truth came from there. "This is going to sound really weird coming from me, but this is way above my pay grade."

He turns around to exit, placing his foot down to get some leverage. Corat drops his flicking finger, dumbfounded but not so dumbfounded as to let the ethereal go.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-20-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #4370
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
If you're listening very closely you can hear Nisroc say "Got it." He's very close to the entrance.

Ryuki is closer. He sees his old friend taunting Von Galen and clearly does not like it. He counts the people in the room and comes to a decision ((that is intended to wrap up this thread so I can start in with the next, more down-to-earth one)). He steps solidly into the tent and explains himself.

"Me. You," he points to the Malakite, "a footsoldier. You and you," Corat and Sunae, but he's mindful that Von Galen is listening, "living on the edge. Her," Cameron, "born yesterday. No offense. Him," he looks around to see whether Glen has bugged out yet and shrugs. "We're nobodies. This is the largest war in the universe just gone to the next level, and they sent us. I don't like it." He'd shake Mitch's hand if he thought he'd accept it right now. Truth came from there. "This is going to sound really weird coming from me, but this is way above my pay grade."

He turns around to exit, placing his foot down to get some leverage. Corat drops his flicking finger, dumbfounded but not so dumbfounded as to let the ethereal go.
((Since no one has challenged this--granted, we all have world-shaking stuff to deal with--I'm going to let Ryuki flounce. Take your parting shots, do what seems right for your character, and then I'm going to sort out how and whether and where to get the last part of the story rolling.))

Secretly he'd hoped someone would stop him. Surely things hadn't gotten this bad, surely he hadn't been wedged into the situation, surely the G--damned angels hadn't made such a thundering misjudgment. Judgement herself, no less, unless this was just another test, and he was losing patience with real situations being used as what ifs.

Ryuki pushed his way out the tent flap, only to come face to chest with Nisroc. Damn that guy was tall, and standing in such a way that he couldn't push past him. "I'm going." He tried to slip past the angel's side without success.

"Run. Run and hide. Go somewhere where I can't find you, where my people can't find you, so that if the archangels ask before I've convinced them and myself that you should be trusted again then I can tell them that I don't know where the Hell you are."

Corat's grip loosens. Von Galen considers running for it.

Ryuki's mask is ten feet thick, but he's never lost eye contact with this formidable creature. "Noted."

When no more words are forthcoming, Nisroc lets him pass. He points at Von Galen, "I'll take care of that guy."

He tries to stand, thinking he'll go straight through--or under--the wall of the tent if he has to.

Tags
in nomine