Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 04-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #11
Magesmiley

Default Re: Heavy duty turning keys?

For my 3X events, I use triple-sized turn keys printed on 110 lb. cardstock which has been laminated (I usually run them through the laminator twice) and then cut out using an Exacto knife. In addition, I have some smaller "maneuver sticks" with individual moves/bends/drifts made out of some heavier cardstock material (designed for picture framing). The turn sticks aren't laminated. I also have some turn keys made out of two pieces of cardstock glued together.

Thus far, only the ones which are glued together have had problems with coming apart. The sticks are up to 30-40 duels of usage, the others are at about 10.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Lindmark71

For my 3X games, I had used Adobe Illustrator to recreate the standard turning key, scaled precisely, and printed out, double sided and treated with contact paper. I found that laminating it and then trimming exactly to the edge broke the laminate seal.

For my 12X games, a standard turning key that big wouldn't work, so I opted for another idea: 6 inch lengths of card stock of just one of the 6 D1-6 angles, and each player has a full set.

My ultimate goal is to use a "knife hinge", a special type of hidden cabinet hinge, to serve as a means of folding and unfolding two parts of two yardsticks, with angle measurements included so the single item can handle every turning angle needed.
Lindmark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #13
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
Have you had any problems with Delaminating?

I did the same with Guild Ball AOEs. I had the Staples folks use their heaviest Transparency and heaviest Laminate. I had a couple that delaminated, but most of them have been fine.
None - because I used contact laminate, not heat laminate.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote