Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #521
Methariel

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

"Well, although I'm not as familiar with human emotions and the human psyche as others here",

Shenmachel looks at Da'at and Rina-el,

"I dare to assume that having somebody around you who looks like someone you loved, but behaves only stereotypical and automaton-like, without any real feelings showing through, is more disturbing than mourning the loss of said beloved one.

"So, concerning the mother, finishing what we started seems to be the better idea to me.

"And while I'm at the topic: Have you been able to establish contact with the older brother? You remember, we thought his presence might help console Mrs. Breckenridge."
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 AM   #522
Qed

Quote:
Shenmachel looks at Da'at and Rina-el,

"I dare to assume that having somebody around you who looks like someone you loved, but behaves only stereotypical and automaton-like, without any real feelings showing through, is more disturbing than mourning the loss of said beloved one.

"So, concerning the mother, finishing what we started seems to be the better idea to me."
Da'at slowly nods at Shenmachel's words and then adds:
"Also, let us not forget the issue with Corat. While Pepito may no longer be a demon - his influence on Corat will probably still be as destructive.
His 'mother' and 'brother' and " - he turns to Rina-El - "Eliza are better off without him since he will never be truly Chris Breckenridge, only a dark shadow of him. They will struggle and fight to 'bring him back' and even as a remnant he will still cause pain and suffering to innocents. No, it is for the good of all that Pepito's forces be allowed to return to the symphony. He had more than one chance to be saved. He chose his way."
Old 04-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #523
alexondria

Rina-El's phone rings. The minute she picks up Zahira starts to talk with out really giving her a chance to say anything. Those looking outside will see Zahira standing far enough from the boy that she can lower her voice and not be heard, but close enough that she can still keep an eye on him. "Sorry I moved him with out asking, but I don't want him to hear or see what they are doing. I was trying to read him while he was cowering to see if their was a chance of saving him, but I wasn't fast enough. I got a reading just as he snapped back into his body. He can be saved. It won't be easy, but is doable now- as long as he doesn't find out what he was."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #524
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el answers her phone, walking just close enough to the window to see Zahira, but (hopefully) not close enough to be seen from outside..

She listens, hope rising within her again..

"Zahira, the prevailing feeling in this room is that 'a demon is a demon is a demon' and that leaving him as a malignant child will continue to cause serious harm to all the people that surround him - especially Corat. Can you tell me that a Remnant can be Redeemed? Or Saved?

"If that is the case, just tell me what you need from me!"

She looks at the others, Shenmachel, Da'at and Ashbel with a new fire within her. "It seems he can be saved after all."

Last edited by Sylver; 04-02-2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: I'm *so* happy Alexondria replied! Changes my whole premise!
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #525
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Rina-el answers her phone, walking just close enough to the window to see Zahira, but (hopefully) not close enough to be seen from outside..

She listens, hope rising within her again..

"Zahira, the prevailing feeling in this room is that 'a demon is a demon is a demon' and that leaving him as a malignant child will continue to cause serious harm to all the people that surround him - especially Corat. Can you tell me that a Remnant can be Redeemed? Or Saved?

"If that is the case, just tell me what you need from me!"

She looks at the others, Shenmachel, Da'at and Ashbel with a new fire within her. "It seems he can be saved after all."
"Well I've never met a remnant before, but that is the reading I got. It won't be easy and it'll take a lot of time and we'll have to keep from him what he was, but he is no longer a demon. From what I know about remnants Pepito is gone and he really is Chris now. As for a malignant child as far as I understand it his role was Chris not evil Chris so if Chris was ever good then he should now have at least the potential to be good again in him. I was thinking of telling him that he had overdosed and that's why everything seemed so hazy and strange a few minutes ago, but pulled through- maybe offer to not tell his mom if he comes and helps out at the convent- that way I can keep an eye on him and see how he is doing. Maybe figure out a way to help him."
She's talking very quickly and it's obvious from her body language that she wants to talk to the child.
((Am basing what she knows about remnants off of how I run remnants in my game- if that isn't how tHEhERETIC does it then we can just say that she is wrong))

Last edited by alexondria; 04-02-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: answering one more question that I missed
Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #526
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria
((Am basing what she knows about remnants off of how I run remnants in my game- if that isn't how tHEhERETIC does it then we can just say that she is wrong))
((Sorry about the delay--used to be new posts went to my mailbox but they've been erratic about that. Also been fighting a sick.
On remnants, see OOC thread))
Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #527
Methariel

"Well, should we just hope for the best? Would it be a wise decision? Can it be guaranteed that he will be more than a walking, talking...body...without any personality of his own, causing emotional damage to his family?

"By the way, were you able to establish contact with the older brother?"
Old 04-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #528
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el looks at Shenmachel, surprised..

"We will *work hard* to make sure the best happens! We will do everything we can to help both Chris and Corat. Whatever it takes. That child down there is no longer 'just a demon' and if Zahira says he can be redeemed, then I'm going with that. Regardless of what happened, I know my Windy and I am absolutely positive that he can heal and come back to the fold - even if I have to *beat him* to get him there! We *will* find a way to heal both of them!

"And if you don't believe that, maybe you should go and meditate about what your part in the War really is."

She pauses, collecting herself, containing the passion and emotional fire a little better..

"As for Glen Brakenridge (sp?), he, too, is a troubled boy - but I believe that giving him some responsibility for helping his "brother" adjust and his mom cope will help him grow into a better person. I will contact him once we've settled on a game plan."

She looks at the others, a slight question in her gaze.. "So, game plan?"
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #529
Methariel

"Well, my position in the War is not the discussion topic at the moment. And I don't think we're already finished and matters are settled yet.

"The Power - who is a servant of Destiny - seems to disagree with your opinion, Vassal. And although I assume that you don't engage in wishful thinking much, the issues the Friend of the Unseen has with 'Pepito' seem to run very deep and are not to be taken lightly - in my opinion.

"And even if he can be saved, we should weigh that future possibility against the harm that will be done on the way to reach it. Will the Remnant reform quickly enough or will serious emotional damage to his mother occur faster? And, if Glen Breckenridge is as troubled a person as you say he is, is he really suitable to help his 'brother'? I doubt that a troubled person is a good aid to another troubled person - at least in many circumstances.
You assume that taking responsibility for 'Chris' will help him 'adjust' - but when will he be ready to take this responsibility? Right when you ask him to do so? Or will it take precious time?

"Don't get me wrong, if the Bright Lilim says that he can be saved I trust her judgment. But I don't know if it warrants the effort and if we have the time to do it and the ability to repair all the collateral damage that might occur on the way.

"If this was one of the little Black Forest villages I once served in I'd consent with your suggestion since there wouldn't be much trouble to be expected from the opposition.
But this is Los Angeles, a city firmly in the grasp of Hell. We're on the defensive, if the phrase of "being in the underground" isn't even more correct. We have to hold our ground and try to save as many humans as we can. I doubt that we have the resources to spare to focus closely on a demonic Remnant.

"Or do you, Vassal, want to call off all your current operations to do it, thus deserting the humans that depend on you?"

He's speaking calmly, slowly - but his look is very determined.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #530
alexondria

Hanging up her phone as she waits on them to make a decision. She walks over to the boy sitting on the bench next to him with a smile. "They'll be fine with out me for a bit longer. How are you feeling now?"

Tags
in nomine