Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #121
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Ryuki seems just a little annoyed at the question. "Yes, I'm actually opposing demons. Some demons. Most demons, eventually, because in the end they're only looking after themselves. Why does that suprise anyone?"

With just a little effort, he lets go of the pique. "Magick itself is ruining Gavin, probably, but something else is helping him along. Like I said. The fact that you don't know about it means it's either not a demon, or it's one very sneaky demon." He pauses to think a moment. "Corey, would you like to explain Pepito?"

"Actually Mitch here has met the little turd. Mitch, what was your impression of him?"

(OOC Write up of sorcery in the OOC thread.)
Mitch, who has been silent so far and simply listening listening, clears his throat "This Pepito is, I belive, an Imp of Dark Humor. Like all of his kind he is intently annoying. It is certantly possible that is the one guiding Gavin in his expermentation in Sorcerery. But, and I am not sure I mentioned to this any of you, I also have reason to belive that there is a Shedim in town. I briefly encountered one on my flight into the city, but I lost its host in the crowd at the airport."

He ponders for a moment and then adds "It's host at the time was a teenage male. I suppose it is possible that he was at the con along with the Shedim assuming it had not possesed a different host."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #122
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitch, who has been silent so far and simply listening listening, clears his throat "This Pepito is, I belive, an Imp of Dark Humor. Like all of his kind he is intently annoying. It is certantly possible that is the one guiding Gavin in his expermentation in Sorcerery. But, and I am not sure I mentioned to this any of you, I also have reason to belive that there is a Shedim in town. I briefly encountered one on my flight into the city, but I lost its host in the crowd at the airport."

He ponders for a moment and then adds "It's host at the time was a teenage male. I suppose it is possible that he was at the con along with the Shedim assuming it had not possesed a different host."
Corat raises an eyebrow. "You ran into a Shedite at the airport?"
Old 10-04-2007, 02:13 AM   #123
Methariel

"If I may address you on a short note again, Ryuki: Yes, it does surprise me to see someone using the tools given to mankind by the forces infernal against them instead of turning to the side of Light to use what it has to offer."

Shenmachel then turns towards Mitch and Corat:

"Wouldn't it be possible to dispose of that 'Pepito'? I don't think an Imp would be missed much. Or do you abbreviate an Impudite with 'Imp'?
Mitch, did this Shedite have any distinguishing marks, maybe an obvious form of Discord?"
Old 10-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #124
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
"If I may address you on a short note again, Ryuki: Yes, it does surprise me to see someone using the tools given to mankind by the forces infernal against them instead of turning to the side of Light to use what it has to offer."

Shenmachel then turns towards Mitch and Corat:

"Wouldn't it be possible to dispose of that 'Pepito'? I don't think an Imp would be missed much. Or do you abbreviate an Impudite with 'Imp'?
Mitch, did this Shedite have any distinguishing marks, maybe an obvious form of Discord?"
Ryuki looks at the Seraph, dumbstruck. He has to ponder that a minute.

Corat, once he gets talking, is damned hard to shut up. "Yeah he means Impudite. But as far as his mom knows that's just her son Chris going through a phase, and it would break her heart if he died. Murdered...I don't think she'd ever get over it. More to your point and mine, she'd never stop looking for the 'bastard' who killed him."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-04-2007 at 07:12 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #125
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el looks up from beside Ryuki.

"Is the only way to use sorcery through infernal intervention? That seems a little strange to me.."

She seems genuinely puzzled and interested in the answer.

"I don't think we should be getting rid of a teenager, even if it's a demon in disguise. As Wyatt said, it would probably devastate the parents and that just isn't right. As long as the imp is contained, and watched, he shouldn't be much of a problem. Honestly, Gerhard, violence is usually not the best answer!"

Then she smiles impishly at Shenmachel and rests her head on Ryuki's arm rest.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #126
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Rina-el looks up from beside Ryuki.

"Is the only way to use sorcery through infernal intervention? That seems a little strange to me.."

She seems genuinely puzzled and interested in the answer....

Then she smiles impishly at Shenmachel and rests her head on Ryuki's arm rest.
He looks at her, not sure what to make of the gesture. Slowly, careful not to make any sudden moves, he stands up and walks towards the swords' stand. "Magick--sorcery if you prefer--at least of the kind I was taught is simply the focus of one's will. That may have infernal origins, will itself, coming from the fall of Eden.

I do not believe free will is evil, nor that what I practice is evil."

He runs his finger across the back of the blade as though to calm himself, although he seems quite calm already. It's as though he's discussing philosophy rather than defending his own lifestyle.

And yet there is a faint but discernible crackle in the Symphony.

"I could demonstrate, but I fear it would antagonize you. It is also not to be used lightly, and requires some effort."

He seems to concentrate a moment, and then with dignity puts the sword back in its holder. "One must focus one's will on something, or somewhere. This requires discipline." He pauses, considers the seat he just vacated, and choses to stand. "It need not involve your war."

Corat crosses his arms and pipes up. "Ryu, we heard that."

He smiles, embarrassed, but the crackling sound is gone.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-04-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: 'cos I don't need to get 'im killed tonight...
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #127
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Corat raises an eyebrow. "You ran into a Shedite at the airport?"
Mitch frowns for a moment and then shakes his head "No, I relize I was mistaken and misspoke. The "Shedite" I spoke about earlier was no Shedim but rather this Pepito. He has been discribed as a "wanna-be" Shedite. I belive this teen is his vessel though.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #128
Sylver
MIB

((OOC - This is a collaboration on Nain's and my part))

Nain in mouse form catches Rina-el's attention after Ryuki's fireworks display, pointing towards bird-Nain by the window.

Rina-el gets up and saunters over to the window. "Aren't you the prettiest pigeon in the flock?! Hi there, beuty! Want a flower?" She picks a flower out of her necklace and offers it to bird-Nain. It doesn't seem to occur to Rina-el that pigeons generally don't like flowers - or people, for that matter.

Bird-Nain manages to preen and bob its head in Nain's direction, before daintily taking the flower.

"Mira, this is absolutely the prettiest pigeon I've ever seen! Come look!", says Rina-el, delighted that her new friend likes flowers. She starts trilling and cheeping at the bemused pigeon, while Nain gracefully indulges her silly but dear friend and comes to see what the excitement is about..

"Ryuki is up to something," says Nain in a quiet voice while looking at Rina-el play with the bird. "I saw him drawing something on the door frame before we came in."

Rina-el nods at Nain, still seemingly engrossed in watching the pigeon. "I'm a little surprised Wyatt's so comfortable, seeing as he has had a number of bad run-ins with Ryuki in the past.." Then she starts singing a silly verse about a pretty pigeon in the park who was very fond of peanuts..

When she finishes, she slips her hand out of the window to see if the bird will come to her fingers and quietly asks Nain, "Do you think we should confront him? Ryuki? I like him, though.."

Nain, thoughtfully, replies "You're probably the best person in the room to confront him, since he seems most comfortable with you. Besides, I have an unpleasant surprise ready if he tries anything.." The bird seems to be assessing the offered fingers suspiciously..

"That sounds like a plan, only please don't turn this confrontation into a violent one.. I've worked too hard to keep things civil.. And I like him! I *do* hope this will work out.." Rina-el trills at the pigeon, hopefully..

"I know you followers of Novails avoid violence, but sometimes it's the only way.. "

"There's always another way, my friend.."

Rina-el seems to give up on the bird and turns back to the rest of the room..

Casually, see faces Ryuki, asks, "Ryuki, did you set a trap for us?" and smiles.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #129
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
((OOC - This is a collaboration on Nain's and my part))

Nain in mouse form catches Rina-el's attention after Ryuki's fireworks display, pointing towards bird-Nain by the window.

Rina-el seems to give up on the bird and turns back to the rest of the room..

Casually, see faces Ryuki, asks, "Ryuki, did you set a trap for us?" and smiles.
He gives Corat a look of "Who me?" and then looks straight at her. "I'll tell you later."
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #130
rudeboyscott

Aaron sits quietly, watching the exchange between Ryuki and his compatriots. Hands steepled beofre his face, he regards the man, wondering exactly what the man's plan is. If what the man said is true, it's interesting...in an academic manner of course...to think this is one of the fabled "good" sorcerors.

[OOC: resonating Ryuki again, now that the trap revelation is out.]
rudeboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine