Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #331
wolf90

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

Thank you, each and every one of you.

I've said this before, but not nearly enough: Ogre is a fantastic game. What makes it an absolutely amazing game is the support and passion of its fans. YOU make Ogre so special: through the support of the game, through the assistance provided to new players and through the community that has developed around the game.

I couldn't be more proud to call myself a fan of Ogre, one of you, and I absolutely love working to provide more for the game we all love so much!

THANK YOU!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #332
HunterS
Marketing Director

Update #26: $124,628!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1752509
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #333
HunterS
Marketing Director

And ditto to everything Drew said, thanks from the bottom of my cold, metal heart.

Now begins the task of building the community, and bringing Ogre to the forefront. It's a great time to be an Ogre fan!
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #334
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
But realistically, there's likely to be a flood of over 175,000 minis coming out of China .... if not even more.
For a little while, a majority of the tanks in China will belong to SJG.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #335
ColBosch

You know, earlier we were shooting the breeze about old games that are still around. It just struck me: is Ogre the last of the "classic" wargames? The other survivors from the period had all gone to the hybrid system of using (in effect) a character sheet for units; see Star Fleet Battles, BattleTech, even Car Wars. I can't remember the last time I saw a Combat Results Table outside of Ogre.

I know classic wargames are still produced, but they're each one-offs. It seems that Ogre is the last to sustain an actual line of products.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:46 PM   #336
HeatDeath

The Ground Combat System for Harpoon 4, in the Falklands Islands supplement, has a CRT. The mother of all CRTs, quite possibly: Odds columns from 6:1 to 1:6 in increments of 0.2 (6:1, 5.8:1, 5.6:1, etc) and die-roll rows from 2 to 12. It's quite a thing to behold, actually.

That's the only one I can think of though.
HeatDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #337
Buzzardo

Squad Leader is still in production, including new material. It's Advanced Squad Leader these days and under a different company, but it's still around and very much a classic. It was first published in 1977, too.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?

Last edited by Buzzardo; 11-30-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #338
ColBosch

Oh hey, ASL is still around. Looks like a boutique thing now, though. I hope to see Ogre really big again.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #339
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Oh hey, ASL is still around. Looks like a boutique thing now, though. I hope to see Ogre really big again.
I'm with ya (as I'm sure all of us here are). I'd love to be talking about Ogre in the Board Game group on Google Plus (17,901 members as of this writing), not because I brought it up but because it's popular. Perhaps the time is right for the rise of board wargaming again. Board gaming in general is enjoying a renaissance. Perhaps our little niche might rise in popularity, too.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:01 AM   #340
GreyHart

Well if we all get out there and show off the new edition along with the nice shiny colorful miniatures I think the game will see a resurgence in popularity (one of my friends already said he'd bring in his black light to the store for the GITD minis... I'm working on a suitable Halloween "Ghost Army Attacks!" scenario). I know I'm showing it off to my local group and because of it being one of those "easy to learn, hard to master" games with a quick play time, it's becoming a favorite.

R.I.P.T.A. (Rhode Island Pedestrians Targeting Autoduellists) - "You just took a right turn into hell, and ya didn't use ya blinkah!"

PETA (Pedestrians Eradicating Troublesome Autoduellists) - "Keeping our crosswalks mined since 2013."

Do not meddle in the affairs of OGREs, for you are squishy under their treads.
GreyHart is offline   Reply With Quote