Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-05-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
Minuteman37

Default Running Dark Heresy (40K) with GURPS

So I'm contemplating running some Dark Heresy using GURPS and I'm wondering where I can find rules relevant to a game where the PCs are low level agents of an ultra powerful space SS officer sent to a planet to investigate religious dissenters and tax evasion? Namely I'm positive that the PCs won't be physically buying they're equipment with starting cash and instead they'll be issued relevant gear with wiggle room for specific items that may not be strictly necessary, but do to the PCs rank, prestige, and other influence with the higher ups will be obtainable regardless, but I'm unsure how to mechanize this.

Any help?
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Running Dark Heresy (40K) with GURPS

Get them to make Influence rolls (since that incorporates rank, status and other reaction modifiers) and give them a virtual budget according to how much they make them by?
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
Anthony

Give them a total budget for issued gear. This may mean they're without gear that's obviously relevant to their job, but eh, that's the 40K universe for you.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
GodBeastX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman37 View Post
So I'm contemplating running some Dark Heresy using GURPS and I'm wondering where I can find rules relevant to a game where the PCs are low level agents of an ultra powerful space SS officer sent to a planet to investigate religious dissenters and tax evasion? Namely I'm positive that the PCs won't be physically buying they're equipment with starting cash and instead they'll be issued relevant gear with wiggle room for specific items that may not be strictly necessary, but do to the PCs rank, prestige, and other influence with the higher ups will be obtainable regardless, but I'm unsure how to mechanize this.

Any help?
Social Engineering and Action 1 have a concept of "Pulling Rank" to get Cash rewards needed for objects. You could use a system based upon that.