Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #361
Cat

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

I've used a very similar technique many times over the years on my sci-fi minis. Don't even have to spray from on high. Spray base coat. Spray with 2 colours at once from ~8" away. Can add a 3rd and/or 4th light spray from ~12" away.

Always comes out looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettd View Post
Saw a dotted cammo pattern once at Historicon on a very small WWI fighter. Asked the guy how he did it - the spots were TINY.

He said he held up a spray paint can high and caused a "rain" to fall on the already primed and base-colored minis. He did two cans at the same time so the two dot colors weren't an under and over look.

Would work well for small minis, esp if you are going all flecktarny.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:35 AM   #362
GreyHart

I'm going to leave my four sets (standard, reversed, green and GITD) in their molded colors. Mainly because I have WAY to many miniatures to paint as it is. That being said however, I did get an extra set purely to paint. I'm split as to how to paint them though. One thought is doing them in bright 'parade colors' so as to stand out on the battlefield. The other is to paint the Ogres up in a grey-ish "BPC armor" color and the PE units in "nuclear wasteland" tan and brown (from the old Deluxe OGRE set) to match the map terrain. I'm not in a hurry to decide as we have a few months until we get the minis.

R.I.P.T.A. (Rhode Island Pedestrians Targeting Autoduellists) - "You just took a right turn into hell, and ya didn't use ya blinkah!"

PETA (Pedestrians Eradicating Troublesome Autoduellists) - "Keeping our crosswalks mined since 2013."

Do not meddle in the affairs of OGREs, for you are squishy under their treads.
GreyHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #363
ColBosch

I posted this over on the Kickstarter, but thought the folks here might get a kick out of it, too.

Ogre Deluxe Edition, which came out in 2000, came with the following contents: 1 Ogre Mk III, 1 Command Post, 6 GEVs, 4 Heavy Tanks, 4 Missile Tanks, 1 Howitzer, and 21 Infantry with 10 bases. All for $49.95...in 2000 dollars.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #364
brettd

That's $70 today.
brettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #365
mstlaurent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I posted this over on the Kickstarter, but thought the folks here might get a kick out of it, too.

Ogre Deluxe Edition, which came out in 2000, came with the following contents: 1 Ogre Mk III, 1 Command Post, 6 GEVs, 4 Heavy Tanks, 4 Missile Tanks, 1 Howitzer, and 21 Infantry with 10 bases. All for $49.95...in 2000 dollars.
1 Howitzer? What am I supposed to do with that?
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #366
ianargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstlaurent View Post
1 Howitzer? What am I supposed to do with that?
Admire it in the box?
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #367
HeatDeath

Park it next to the CP. It'll never hit its weight against an M3, or even an M2 Ogre, but against an M1 Ogre it could make all the difference in the end game, especially against a MkIII, and double especially if the Ogre had a couple of really good turns of rolling in the early- or mid- game.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #368
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Anybody know when to expect the Ogre Veteran first wave shipment (6e, reinforcements, et al), or how the shipping is handled in BackerKit? Is there going to be any communication from BackerKit itself, or will there just silently be a charge against the KS payment info?
Old 12-16-2016, 01:58 AM   #369
HunterS
Marketing Director

You will be receiving a BackerKit survey as soon as that is completed. We just received the Kickstarter funds, and are working to get approval from BackerKit on our survey. We're trying to get that out before the holidays, at the moment, but the offices have officially closed as of today. I'm plugging away at it, however, so hoping to have that up soon.

The Ogre Veteran first wave includes Ogre Sixth Edition and Ogre: Objective 218, not Ogre Reinforcements, just for clarification. Anyone who replied to the survey we sent a couple weeks ago has shipped as of yesterday or today. We can't guarantee a Christmas arrival, due to standard postal delays this time of year, but we're hoping they can get there by that time. The Warehouse is pulling double duty getting all the holiday sale orders out as well as 200 Ogre orders from the Kickstarter, and working as well even though we're technically closed, so I want to give them a huge shoutout.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #370
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
The Ogre Veteran first wave includes Ogre Sixth Edition and Ogre: Objective 218, not Ogre Reinforcements, just for clarification. Anyone who replied to the survey we sent a couple weeks ago has shipped as of yesterday or today. We can't guarantee a Christmas arrival, due to standard postal delays this time of year, but we're hoping they can get there by that time. The Warehouse is pulling double duty getting all the holiday sale orders out as well as 200 Ogre orders from the Kickstarter, and working as well even though we're technically closed, so I want to give them a huge shoutout.
Thanks for the clarification (my bad on mentioning Reinforcements). I just wasn't sure if BackerKit was involved with this part of the shipping. As for W23 staff getting a shoutout, I could not agree more. They have always been amazing any time I've needed to contact them, and their packing skills are awesome. :-)