Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #281
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: [OCC]: Space Merchant

Our ship, commodities of information and settlement addresses would be priceless, which makes any of the crew a tempting target if anyone thinks they an use one of us to gain control of it (like what happened to Hezakia on Hell). All sorts of 'big fish' in business, politics or crime might take drastic measures to obtain exclusive access.

That makes getting people to the surface in this game problematical, mostly because it compromises the security of the ship and our personal safety. If we loose our ship, we loose everything.

And if we go off into a world we know next to nothing about, we're likely to step into whatever chess-match the locals are playing, not knowing how the pieces move, nor what team they're on or who's pawn we've just become. And we do so armed with only our wits and a few handguns.

We might want to arm the ship to the teeth if the opportunity arises, and get a landing craft, so we can have the ship hang back and send the landing party ahead... but that'll have to come up in play.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #282
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hmm... and yet the local chess match is part of the fun... Hmmm.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #283
the_matrix_walker

Of course it's part of the fun... from the players perspective! But character's role-played with common sense are going to want to limit their exposure.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #284
momothefiddler

I don't want to be the cause of the game dying, and other peoples' opinions are important too here, of course, but if it was between this and, say, the early Wood era, I'd likely pick the latter.

'Course, Strange Neighbors was plenty exciting and it still fizzled for some reason. I don't remember what that reason was. Perhaps I have some sort of disconnect with the setting? Dunno.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #285
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

early wood era? that was not my first thought for running a game in ...

at any rate, I think a more involved character is the best option. Do you have any thoughts on my offer of playing mamta bullock?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #286
momothefiddler

That's... an intimidating prospect. I appreciate the offer, though. I think I'll just withdraw and follow along, if that's not a problem.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #287
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

That may be one of the issues with the game, and indeed with Strange Neighbors... its a fun story, but its a heavy load to play. Hmmm.

Darklim, are you there?

Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #288
Darklim

I'm really sorry to bail out for now, but the most important exams of my life are forthcoming, so I won't be able to play for quite a long time (May 20, precisely). But so far, Hector wasn't that much involved in the ongoing negotiations, so I figure that just falling in the backdrop to reappear later might work, for him. If I'm allowed to come back at all after my desertion, that is; I'd like to see this game through.

(I actually have this message stocked since a month, but this thread, along with the [IC] one, was MIA, as far as I'm concerned. And then my Internet was on lock-down so I could put my mind on studying. Sorry for not being able to post it sooner.)
Darklim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
space merchant