Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
Jim Kane
Banned

Default TFT Illustrator Robert Phillips

I believe it was stated that TFT cover artist Roger Stine has passed; but does anyone know the status, and/or potential re-involvement of the wonderful TFT interior illustrator Robert Phillips?
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:09 AM   #2
JLV

Default Re: TFT Illustrator Robert Phillips

There's another thread on here that talks about that. Your answer may be here. If not, it's probably way back somewhere towards the beginning of the "The Fantasy Trip" thread -- since we talked about it there too back in January, I think...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:23 AM   #3
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
There's another thread on here that talks about that. Your answer may be here. If not, it's probably way back somewhere towards the beginning of the "The Fantasy Trip" thread -- since we talked about it there too back in January, I think...
Thanks JLV... but no, no word about Robert Phillips as it relates to his current status. Thanks for the direction, just the same!
Old 03-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #4
JLV

Hmm. I could have sworn that Steve said something about locating him and asking for new art from him as well, but I guess not. Sorry I wasn't more helpful...
Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Hmm. I could have sworn that Steve said something about locating him and asking for new art from him as well, but I guess not. Sorry I wasn't more helpful...
If so, I missed it. He did speak of Liz Danforth - perhaps you were thinking of her.

Anyway JLV, all help is good help... In the Labyrinth ;-)

JK
Old 03-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
JLV

*grin* No, I know the difference between Liz and Bob. Perhaps I'm remembering an off-the-cuff remark made about his art by Steve or someone else; something along the lines of "it would be great to find him and get some contributions from him too" or something.

Which I think would be a GREAT idea, if it's possible to do...

(Edited to add: I remember what it was -- we were talking on the thread about how awesome it would be to find him and get some art from him, and someone did a Google search and suggested a possible artist with the same name. Steve looked at the page sent and said he didn't think it was the same guy, because ALL of his art was abstract expressionism. And that was more or less the end of the discussion, though I would guess Steve might still have his ear to the ground to see if he can locate the actual person...)

Last edited by JLV; 03-18-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #7
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
*grin* No, I know the difference between Liz and Bob. Perhaps I'm remembering an off-the-cuff remark made about his art by Steve or someone else; something along the lines of "it would be great to find him and get some contributions from him too" or something.

Which I think would be a GREAT idea, if it's possible to do...

(Edited to add: I remember what it was -- we were talking on the thread about how awesome it would be to find him and get some art from him, and someone did a Google search and suggested a possible artist with the same name. Steve looked at the page sent and said he didn't think it was the same guy, because ALL of his art was abstract expressionism. And that was more or less the end of the discussion, though I would guess Steve might still have his ear to the ground to see if he can locate the actual person...)
LOL! Quite right! I did not mean to infer you did not know one artist from the other. My point was, in suggesting that perhaps you merely recalled some conversation about one of the artist from past posts, and chanced it may have been about Robert Phillips.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:45 AM   #8
Chris Rice

Quote:
I also thought I'd read that someone had found him via a veterans association or some such. But I can't find the thread/post. Maybe I dreamt it...
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:39 AM   #9
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
I also thought I'd read that someone had found him via a veterans association or some such. But I can't find the thread/post. Maybe I dreamt it...
Well that is a much better thing to dream about than H.P. Lovercraft's, Randolf Carter, who had dreams of "Unknown Kadath". LOL!
Old 03-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #10
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
I found one artist that way -- in the same thread; but I can't remember if it was Robert Phillips or not. If it was, then good on me! ;-)