Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Fnugus

Default In the beginning

Someone created the Gods, and the Gods created the World. And life. That's how it goes in fantasy, right?

But why did they stop there? "God created the world in seven days", well, six, actually, he rested on the seventh. But after that? Well he's been resting for quite some time now.

The purpose of this thread? Well, a few.

1) A good list of plausible (or at least kind of sensible) reasons why the gods only created one world.
2) A good life of plausible (or at least kind of sensible) reasons why the gods created these races, and no more.

Did they lose the abilities afterwards? Did it require so much energy that they are still trying to recover?

Oh, and

3) Using GURPS RAW, how would you build the ability to create life? I mean, an entire species. Create (from Powers) is no good here, I think.

4) In connection to the above, replace "life" and "species" with "divine entities" or "gods". Like, in the beginning Chaos created a god, the god created some other gods. Etc.

5) And a little extra: Induce someone with any ability. They don't get Modular Abilities. They get an ability I choose, but this ability can be anything I can imagine. I think, though, that if you are capable of 3) or 4), you could just do this at time of creation, but it still matters.

Oh, and why, you ask? I'm creating gods for a setting.

Tags
cosmology, create, gods, powers, religion