Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
lostrobertsandwich

Default AutoDuel in 4e - Cars and Motorcycles; How do?

Hey cats,

I'm considering running AutoDuel for my group, using GURPS 4e. This raises a couple of niggling issues with vehicles, and I'm looking for suggestions:

Pyramid ?-??: Alternate GURPS has rules for building cars with the Spaceships rules, which is cool. However, it only goes down to size mod +3 (iirc), which raises a couple of issues for me.

-Would a size mod of +3 be small enough for a Sub-Compact (thinking of cars like the 'Firecracker' here)? Should a 'sub-compact' be SM +2?

-Also, how could i modify the speed/accel a bit more?

-How would I build a Bike or Trike? Could I do it with Spaceships and the Alternate Spaceships rules? Are there some other rules (in another splat, or another issue of Pyramid) I could use?

-Alternatively, should I just forget about using the Alternate/Spaceships combo, and use the "Trick out my ride" sidebar in Monster Hunters? How would I work out stats for TL9 stuff like vehicular armor and weapons? Are there any other vehicle stats other than what in the Basic Set, High-Tech, and Ultra-Tech?

On a different tack: Weapons, hand weapons in particular.
I'm not entirely satisfied with the (relatively) small list of caseless guns in Ultra-Tech; it's sufficient for a more 'wide-reaching' setting (like space opera), but in a cyber-punk-y/post-apocalyptic-ish setting I want a bit more diversity.
-I've got a copy of Vehicles 2nd ed (the one for 3rd ed GURPS), and I've used that to build guns in the old edition (which was AWESOME!): how would I go about converting over stats, especially SS -> Bulk, and Acc?
-I'm aware of the 'gun smithing' rules in Tactical Shooting, and the various accessories in TS, UT, and HT, but are there any other resources for customizing weapons [NOTE: I've been playing Borderlands 2 pretty much non-stop for the last month, so I *really* want to emphasize weapon customization]

Any input would be much appreciated; i'm interested in opinions as much as information.

Cheers,

Roberto, the lost sandwich

[Edit: now with somewhat less grammatical derpiness]
lostrobertsandwich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autoduel, guns, vehicles