Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Valkyrie

Default Munchkin Expansion

I have been playing with the original munchkin set for a while and am considering purchasing Unnatural Axe. Is there a better alternative to this set? Also, what is the best booster pack to get, in your opinion? Thanks!
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #2
Anh-Dalan

Default Re: Munchkin Expansion

In my eyes, if you want to stick to the "classic" fantasy genre, both, Unnatural Axe and Clerical Errors are great fun and expand Munchkin very well. I also love playing with dungeons, so Terrible Tombs and Demented Dungeons would be the choice to make.

When it comes to boosters, it depends o your preferance: most of them are inspired by a certain theme to add flavor (e.g. Knights) to your Munchkin set and develop more specific game-playing (e.g. Curses). Personally, I love all the Santa Expansions. But it's up to you.
Anh-Dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
serleran

Default Re: Munchkin Expansion

I personally think Munchkin Pathfinder: Gobsmacked and Kobolds Ate My Baby! are among the best expansions, primarily because I have an affinity for the vicious buggers.

However, sets that add more cards are likely "better" as they will mix things up more. If they have Fantasy backs, it would be hard to go wrong unless you simply do not like a particular theme.
serleran is offline   Reply With Quote