Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 05:11 PM   #1
b-dog

Default How would Dr. Kromm Tun the Drow with Dungeon Fantasy?

The Drow were my favorite monster in AD&D so I am curious how Dr. Kromm would run them with Dungeon Fantasy RPG. The have crossbows and bucklers and Drow cloaks of spider silk. The females are clerics and the males are wizards and they all can fight.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: How would Dr. Kromm Tun the Drow with Dungeon Fantasy?

MODERATOR NOTE: The Drow are an especially twitchy group of elves in current D&D discussions, so please be aware that we are not about to start having those same arguments here. Thread is currently closed while I consult Kromm about whether he even wants to go down that quagmire, and if so, how he wants to set the parameters of the conversation.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 07-17-2020, 06:16 AM   #3
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: How would Dr. Kromm Tun the Drow with Dungeon Fantasy?

Given how this topic has evolved elsewhere, I would prefer to skip having a conversation about it here. The fact that the drow are a D&D invention that we have no right to convert for use in SJ Games products is also an issue. To quote:
Everything about the Dungeons & Dragons drow was invented by Dungeons & Dragons co-creator Gary Gygax except for the basic concept of "dark elves."
If all you want are dark elves, well, we already have them! See New Racial Template: Dark Elf (Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2, p. 45). The Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game dark elves aren't drow. They're just another subrace of elves that – regardless of sex – can follow any profession (though they get a head start if they choose "wizard"), have whatever moral leaning they prefer, and be PCs or NPCs. They're also just as likely to be white-skinned with black hair as to be black-skinned with white hair:
Features: Jet-black skin with cobweb-gray or white hair – or cobwebby white skin with jet-black hair.
Those who want drow can pick up D&D materials and convert them. They can then go to where D&D is discussed and get involved in the related arguments and controversy. We won't be doing that here, though.
Closed Thread