Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #31
JMD

Default Re: New Gurps Utility for Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
Very cool, by the way, I used your Utility in play this weekend, I had a bunch of PCs crashing at various speeds and the falling app was a fun use.

One thing which might be cool would be a unit conversion from mph to yps to add to the fall/crash table.

Thanks again for the work on this handy app.
Awesome! I'm psyched that the app found a place in your game.

I believe it's 2mph = 1yps so I could easily do that. I will just need to think of how to integrate it into the current UI.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #32
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Awesome! I'm psyched that the app found a place in your game.

I believe it's 2mph = 1yps so I could easily do that. I will just need to think of how to integrate it into the current UI.
That's close, though it's actually more like 2.05 mph = 1 yps, or 0.489 yps = 1 mph, which doesn't normally make a difference unless the combined velocity is over 60mph.

In my case the PCs lost control at over 760mph, and hit the ground at over 600mph, so I was keeping track of speeds a bit more than just dividing in half.
(Gotta love Injury Tolerance Diffuse for survivability at speeds...)

1760 yards in a mile
3600 seconds in an hour
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #33
ClayDowling

Quote:
In my case the PCs lost control at over 760mph, and hit the ground at over 600mph, so I was keeping track of speeds a bit more than just dividing in half.
(Gotta love Injury Tolerance Diffuse for survivability at speeds...)
At that point I think the fact that the character could even contemplate surviving it suggests that one or two significant digits is more than sufficient for your calculation. If you were playing in a world where real-world physics applied, the body would be identified via DNA testing.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #34
ClayDowling

Quote:
Please see the latest screenshot for the new combat automation screen below. Although this functionality has yet to be released, I am happy to bring you a sneak peak. The next release will be jam packed with all the improvements and ideas you had, and you have my sincerest thanks.
That screen is really awesome. I'll have to make that mod for my own app, at least the GUI versions.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #35
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayDowling View Post
At that point I think the fact that the character could even contemplate surviving it suggests that one or two significant digits is more than sufficient for your calculation. If you were playing in a world where real-world physics applied, the body would be identified via DNA testing.

I try to keep it semi-realistic, but they all could fly under their own power, just not at those speeds, so they had a bit of a chance of slowing down, and it's only 8d damage for falling at 300 yps, unless I messed up the numbers...

The amount of damage on impact was also relevant to those without Diffuse who were merely Homogenous, in regards to whether they ended up with crippled limbs, or had those limbs sheared off.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #36
JMD

Quote:
and it's only 8d damage for falling at 300 yps, unless I messed up the numbers...
8d assuming 10 base hp and that it's not a collision with a hard object (the ground, which would double the damage dice.)
Old 06-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #37
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayDowling View Post
That screen is really awesome. I'll have to make that mod for my own app, at least the GUI versions.

Thanks! If you see anything wonky with it let me know. Keep checking back here too, the release should be coming out in the next week with a whole slew of enhancements!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
8d assuming 10 base hp and that it's not a collision with a hard object (the ground, which would double the damage dice.)
Yeah, but I gave them the break of the ground being softish, and they were flying while trying to pull out of their uncontrolled spins, and hitting at an angle, not straight down, so 8d was a good amount.

Besides, it wasn't supposed to kill them, since it was the result of an accident and not the PCs purposefully trying to do something which they knew would get them killed.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #39
JMD

Quote:
Yeah, but I gave them the break of the ground being softish, and they were flying while trying to pull out of their uncontrolled spins, and hitting at an angle, not straight down, so 8d was a good amount.

Besides, it wasn't supposed to kill them, since it was the result of an accident and not the PCs purposefully trying to do something which they knew would get them killed.
I completely understand and agree. :)
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #40
ImperialOne

Looks real nice. Almost makes me want to get a Droid... but I hate Google.

Apple owners, iOs apologists... for shame. On a DROID first!

:)
ImperialOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps utility, mobile, programming, web