Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:46 PM   #31
redcoat

Default Re: Time for my 360 Review

Hi there Drew!

Thanks for starting this thread it has some really good discussion that has made me think.
I do actually have one small gripe about communication.
I am totally unclear at this point about whether Mini set 2 will be available for purchase as a stand alone product. As I read through threads on the forum I seem to recall comments about it only available as part of the battle box or other things. Or whether the Battlebox will even be available. I could be completely mis-remembering what was said and it is all a bit murky to me because I don't have any kind of official reference. Whether or not that is the case, it is hard for me as a customer to know precisely what you have coming down the pipe.
I never realized before how that helps me as a gamer - and someone on the receiving end of marketing - decide what I want to buy.

Cheers
redcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #32
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat View Post
Or whether the Battlebox will even be available.

The Battle Box is available for preorder:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ogre-battle-box

The Battle Box is also being offered to distribution.

There may be a _tiny_ number of set 2 available for sale on our online store. We kept the numbers of the red/blue set 2 polybags down so that we wouldn't have excess inventory.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #33
redcoat

Hi Phil,

Thanks, just to reinforce my thought though, the Ogre main page might be a good place to clarify what will be available for retail in future. No one expects that every projected "Coming soon" project sees the light of day. But it may give prospective players assurance that the line will continue to be supported and what is coming at a glance.

I think you had a great idea by the way about the quarterly Ogre Party Kits. My only concern is that if it were to catch on that is a lot of play mats to store and might put a damper on continued interest.
If it is essentially a periodical, why not combine something like that with Ogrezine? Articles, the next chapter in an ongoing campaign, a new optional rule. Maybe a poster map instead of play mat?
Old 07-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #34
ColBosch

Four new mats a year doesn't sound like too much. I do like the idea of combining it with Ogrezine.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #35
redcoat

Has anyone thought of Ogre Munchkin?

I could see building up to beating the Mark V which would be the level 10 monster. There is all kinds of fun you could have with that and it would be something you could get on store shelves to cross-pollinate.
Sun Block for +3 defense against the nukes
Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #36
ColBosch

We've all thought about Ogre Munchkin. :D The Ogre is in Star Munchkin as a high-level monster, and there is a promotional bookmark celebrating Ogre Designer's Edition. Beyond that, SJ Games doesn't want to mix up their brands any further.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:29 PM   #37
HeatDeath

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/medium/.../pic160403.jpg

Quote:
Bad stuff: Oh, you are SO dead.
:D
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #38
tomc

Don't forget the T-Shirt!

Edited to add: Drew, you are certainly meeting and exceeding my expectations as the Ogre Guru. You were very helpful and responsive when I was ready to release OgreMap2. It was and is much appreciated.

As for "needs improvement": nothing comes to mind. But I'll be sure to gripe if I think of anything. :)

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #39
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
We've all thought about Ogre Munchkin. :D The Ogre is in Star Munchkin as a high-level monster, and there is a promotional bookmark celebrating Ogre Designer's Edition. Beyond that, SJ Games doesn't want to mix up their brands any further.
Which I understand wholeheartedly, as SJG-published Munchkin games are love letters to genres rather than love letters to specific properties (with the exceptions being the cross-licensed stuff through Paizo and USAOpoly)...but it's still a shame. It's so ripe for a conversion...the players are Cybertanks, equipping themselves with treads/chassis/batteries/sensors, aligning themselves with Factions [PE, NAC, Black Rose, VG, etc], and squishing things like a "Level 1 Cardboard Standee Command Post" or "Level 10 3,872 Militia".

Though it does leave me wondering if we'll ever get a Munchkin Conspiracy (poking fun at things like Freemasons and Illuminati) or a Munchkin Cyberpunk (a love letter to stuff like Blade Runner, Running Man, and Shadowrun).

Or a reprint of SPANC. I've seen it in passing a couple times, and a friend I was cat-sitting for has a copy so now it's on the brain.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 PM   #40
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
A one-year subscription would cost $160 (includes U.S. shipping) and we would need 200 subscribers to make the idea really work.
At the weekly Ogre game today we discussed this idea -- my opponent isn't a member here -- and we both agreed we may not always use it, but we'd gladly "subscribe" and buy the four mats a year.

[in other words, that's two more folks who would buy into that idea]

Last edited by Mack_JB; 07-16-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote