Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:42 PM   #11
Cat

Default Re: III-B and Ninja/Vulcan Conversions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopagus View Post
I think SJG needs to hire you maybe then we'll get all the minis designed we want.
Alas, I only have analogue modelling skills, none digital.

I've been wielding XActo knives on plastic model kits since I was a young kitten.
=^,^=
Old 08-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #12
Cat

Just finished painting the first big batch of Ogres for Grey Force (Taiga Force, Canadian).

The Ninja/Vulcan kitbashed models aren't done yet. The Mk.III-B is done, along with a handful of Mk.I and Mk.II proxy models kitbashed from MechWarrior Clix tanks. The Mk.Is & Mk.IIs have interchangeable turrets: standard style with a Main Battery or variant Canadian Armoury with twin Secondaries.

When we get to the official models, I hope the III-B has the front end of the Mk.V rather than scanning and redoing the old clunker, and I hope the Mk.Is and Mk.IIs can come with swappable turret variations similar to these.

Photos over on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148...7526007088770/
Old 08-23-2019, 09:50 PM   #13
CON_Troll

Cat, you are amazing.

Frankly, I like your III-B better than the few pics I've seen of the official ones. Mind you, the "slab-faced" III-B is perfectly fine as is -but yours looks like less of a "kludge" and more like a logical development in hull design for the Ogres.

It does make me wonder what a kit-bash of the III-B would look like using two faces of the MK III instead of the front glacis of a MK V. I suspect it would require a LOT more work as you'd have to trim the two front face-plates of the MK IIIs very closely, then build up some "depth" by adding a stretched rectangle of plastic behind the two MK IIIs to get that "slab" appearance in the image I am thinking about. (Where is that pic, now I'm curious...)

Ah, of course, WH23. (http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG10-0104) I should have remembered that.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:03 PM   #14
Cat

Yes, bashing a pair of Mk.III front facings together would be a lot more work. The Mk.V front fit quite surprisingly well once it was loosed from its wide fenders. I was expecting more work would be required.