Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Trachmyr

Default Regrowth with Leech

What would be the modifier to allow Regrowth to work quickly (as per Regeneration) but using Leech. If it matters, the character will have Partial Unhealing, and IT: Unbreakable Bones doesn't fit the concept.

I saw in one thread where it was suggested to take a highly limited version of Slow Regeneration, which would activate the "Limb is restored when all HP is healed" clause of Regrowth, but that seems both Clunky and also not allowed due to the Partial Unhealing.

I was Eyeballing a +20% modifier to Leech (Affects Regrowth), as that would add 5 points, the cost of Slow Regeneration minus the built in Rapid Healing.

But what does the Hive Mind feel is a fair Enhancement Value on Leech for "Affects Regrowth"?
Trachmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Regrowth with Leech

Regrowth is so incredibly overpriced that I would let you have it for free.

If you've repriced it lower than Injury Tolerance: Unbreakable Bones (which prevents crippling and limb severing entirely) then the combination still needs to be less than the cost of IT:UB to be fairly priced.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I would agree with this.

Quote:
If you've repriced it lower than Injury Tolerance: Unbreakable Bones (which prevents crippling and limb severing entirely)
Injury Tolerance: Unbreakable Bones only prevents permanent crippling, you can still suffer lasting crippling (at double the normal threshold) and be crippled for upto 6 months.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno

If you've repriced it lower than Injury Tolerance: Unbreakable Bones (which prevents crippling and limb severing entirely) then the combination still needs to be less than the cost of IT:UB to be fairly priced.
You're paying a big premium if you keep regrowth at the RAW value, so, yeah... giving it for free in that case seems OK. If you go with Rev's suggested value of 10, I'd probably call it +100% or so.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Trachmyr

I'm using RPK's 10-point value...

But there's no way I'm adding a +100% modifier to use it with my Leech Power 12... I might as well get rid of Partial Unhealing and buy Fast Regeration for only an additional point!

100% on Leech 12 = 69 Points.
Buying off Partial Unhealing + Fast Regeneration = 70 Points.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachmyr View Post
I'm using RPK's 10-point value...

But there's no way I'm adding a +100% modifier to use it with my Leech Power 12... I might as well get rid of Partial Unhealing and buy Fast Regeration for only an additional point!
The +100% goes on Regrowth, not on Leech.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Trachmyr

Quote:
The +100% goes on Regrowth, not on Leech.
Ahh... Ok, that makes sense. So +100% is like adding "Slow Regeneration" to the cost of Regrowth to activate the "When full HP the injury is healed" clause.

A related question... my build of Leech is designed to work on two "power settings"... the first is at Full Level, the second is a subtle use at only level 1, but adds in Accelerated Healing/Steals FP (also)/Undetectable Signature all with the "One-Minute Exposure Time" limitation. I have added Selectivity to Leech, but do I also need to add "Variable"? I'm not sure if Leech is considered an attack or an advanatge, thus either full level only at default or variable by default.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Trachmyr

This is the Power so far, it's designed to Model the Leech of the Main Character "Bo" from the show "Lost Girl" (Minus the one time she seemed possessed and used the power on a whole room full of people)...

Leech 12 [36 Points]
> Accelerated Healing +17.5% (1 Minute Exposure Time, Level 1 Only)
> Heals FP (When full HP) +30%
> Aura +80%
> Steals FP +35% (1 Minute Exposure Time, Level 1 Only)
> Undetectable Signature +17.5% (1 Minute Exposure Time, Level 1 Only)
> Area Effect +10% (Only vs. Incapacitated opponent (through the Daze/Ecstasy Aura) already affected by user’s Leech on previous Turn -80%, Requires Concentration -15%, Low Signature rather than Undetectable -3.8%, Blockable -5%)
> Selectivity +10%
> Variable +5%
> Racial -20% (Humans or Similar Races)
> Blood Agent -32% (Except on Incapacitated opponent (through the Daze/Ecstasy Aura) already affected by user‘s Leech on Previous Turn -20%)
> Melee -24% (Except on Incapacitated opponent (through the Daze/Ecstasy Aura) already affected by user‘s Leech on Previous Turn -20%)
> Requires Contest of Will -5% (Only for Initial Drain, no roll required to maintain -66%)
> Temporary Disadvantage: Bloodlust -5% (Self-Control 15, Not on Level 1)
> Feature: Fixed Modes (Level 1 or Level 12)
> Feature: Contest of Wills can be combined with the Contest required for Ecstasy/Daze Aura.

Uses Multiplicative modifiers

Notes
When using the power at level 1 it is subtle, during intimate contact she can steal 1 FP per minute of contact, healing 1 HP (or FP if fully Healed) per FP Drained. This requires a contest of Wills to initiate the drain, but requires no further rolls, and this can be the same contest used for her Aura. Once the victim is out of FP, she begins to drain HP. It's also undetectable in this mode.

When using at full level, she drains 12 HP and heals 4 HP (or FP if fully Healed) per Turn. This requires a contest of Wills to initiate the drain, but requires no further rolls, and this can be the same contest used for her Aura. She must also make a Self-Control roll of 15 to stop Draining the victim before their death. This power displays a visible Life Essence being consumed by the user.

After making initial Intimate Contact with the Victim, and draining at least 1 FP or 1 HP, she can break intimate contact and continue to use Leech if she remains within 2 yards, maintains concentration, the victim is incapacitated via her Daze or Ecstasy Aura and the "Stream of Life Essence" is not Blocked. If the link is broken for any reason, she will have to once again regain intimate contact to reapply the power, and make another Contest of Wills. When using Leech at a distance like this, a visible Stream of Life Essence can be seen being consumed by her, even if using the Power subtly (although it is less visible, and has a Low Signature).

-------------------------

Edit: Originally, the player was interested in a more typical Succubus, thus the reason I was planning on having Partial Unhealing. But the player has just told me that she wants a character very similar to "Bo", so Partial Unhealing will no longer apply.

Last edited by Trachmyr; 01-17-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Edit: Minor Changes

Tags
enhancement, leech, regrowth