Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default PDF Errata

This thread will be for reports of actual errata (not "I disagree with this rule," please) detected when the first batch of PDF material is released next week.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
hcobb

Default Re: PDF Errata

Melee page 8: Where is "3/DX roll" defined?

Page 10 and 11: Which of these adjustments apply to non-attack DX rolls? Like say rushing through a hex with three bodies in it (at -6?), or trying to keep standing while standing in this hex against a shield rush?

Last edited by hcobb; 09-19-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
trystero

Wizard spell reference, p. 6, "Death Spell" entry: since the person with the lower ST loses all of their ST, they end up at ST 0… which leaves them unconscious, not dead, per Wizard, p. 3. I guess that the rule is correct and that the spell should inflict a loss of (lower ST + 1) points of ST. (Or be retitled "Unconsciousness Spell".)
Old 09-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
pyratejohn

Maybe not an errata, but something I'm now unsure of. On page 20 of both Melee and Wizard, under Defending and Dodging:
To hit a figure who is dodging or defending, a figure must make its “to hit” roll against adjDX on four dice instead of three. 4 and 5 are still automatic hits
Is the 4 double damage, or just a standard hit?

Last edited by pyratejohn; 09-20-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
bactram1

Typography in Melee:

Page 4, 2nd paragraph. The comma after "Weapons table" is in a very large font size.

Page 10, 2nd paragraph. The comma after "(except HTH)" is in a very large font size.

Page 14 Weapons table: both dagger and thrown rock have comments that have a period after them. None of the other comments have periods.

Page 15, 1st paragraph of "Thrown Weapons" the comma after "weapons table" is in a very large font size.

Wizard:
Back of box: "Or be subtle and entangle them with magic rope and Sticky Floor spells." Why is magic rope all lowercase and sticky floor initial caps? They should match.

Reference booklet: In the dexterity tables, 2 of the entries have comments with a period after them. None of the other comments have periods.

TFT:
p. 20. Spell Detect Enemies
The spell cost says "Costs 3. ST to cover...". Remove the period after the 3.

p. 28. Telepathy spell
The continuation cost should be 1, not I (capital letter i)

p. 54. Silly double comma in the middle of the page under Lost in the Wilderness

Last edited by bactram1; 09-27-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #6
hcobb

Wizard Missile Spells maximum power differs:
Page 12: amount of ST (maximum 3)
Page 13: Thus, if you put 4 ST into a Magic Fist

Thrown spells page 13 suggestion for clarity: The effects of thrown spells are not cumulative, only the largest penalty and bonus of each type applies. (Which can partially or completely cancel each other out.)

Last edited by hcobb; 09-19-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #7
bactram1

Melee page 8: The first paragraph (sentence) under "Moving onto other figures" is repeated in the next paragraph. Remove the first paragraph.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #8
bactram1

Melee page 12 "Pole Weapons": The diagram showing straight line both with and against the grain is not mentioned in the accompanying text. I think the phrase "and the attacker moved three hexes or more in a straight line" should say "and the attacker moved three hexes or more in a straight line (with or against the grain)"
Old 09-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
bactram1

Melee Weapons Table (p. 13). The sling is listed as a two handed weapon. I takes two hands to ready it (put the rock in the sling), but only one hand to use. A fighter should be able to use it one handed if it is already loaded.

Also, a thrown rock doesn't get an asterisk to show that it can be thrown?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #10
Carbunicle

Re: Melee, p. 7
Under ‘Options For Engaged Figures,’ section (k), the reader is directed to p. 18. The relevant information is on p. 20 in regard to dodging and defending.
Closed Thread