Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2020, 04:34 PM   #29
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Lecherousness & Bisexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
As I read it, Lecherousness is not "every so often the GM plants an attractive character in your path and you make a fool of yourself."
A) I didn't say "every so often" and 2) then you're reading it wrong.

Quote:
Lecherousness is "you are constantly on the prowl" and in any group of a dozen members of the appropriate sex you should find at least one target. With Lecherousness, its the player's responsibility to get busy whenever they are in the presence of a group of the right sex.
In what way is that actually a problem? Hint: It isn't, until it is.

In other words... "The GM creates a situation in which your behavior is problematic." How problematic? Wlll... that's a combination between how much you paid for the Disad (Self Control Cost Modifier) and how the GM runs the game.

If they read "Like all success rolls, self-control rolls are subject to modifiers" and aren't a jerk about, then having a gun put to your head and being told "Make another damned comment about sex, just do it!" should grant you a bonus. Probably enough such that you only fail on a 17 or 18 if your SC roll is a 15.

Quote:
Hitting on or groping people becomes your character's default behaviour, not something they do in special situations created by the GM.
But, and I'm gonna stress this again, it's only a problem if the GM sets the stage for that behavior to be a problem.

Quote:
The self-control rolls are for situations like "yes, he does have a nice butt and is bent over in front of me, but I can't cop a feel, we need his mother's signature."
And in what manner does being bisexual have anything to do with this? Nothing, which was my point.

If the GM puts the situation there, and they want your Character to be tempted, they will set up that stage. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter how gropy the Lech gets, if it's not to their detriment.

(Which is why I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've adjusted Lecherousness to being more monetarily problematic in my DF games)
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bisexual, bisexuality, lecherousness