Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #11
Prince Charon

Default Re: Fast-Draw critical failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
The most hilarious case was the Samurai Themed Wood-Elf Scout-Knight (Heroic Archer and bow and katana Weapon Master) who completely disarmed himself in one combat against three Giant Spiders.

Turn 1: Rolls to ready his bow, 6+6+6, throws it 3 yards out in front of himself (doesn't bother with the fast draw ready arrow roll).
Turn 2: Rolls to fast draw his katana, 6+6+6, throws it 2 yards into the wall to his right, narrowly missing another PC (10 vs 9).
Turn 3: Rolls to fast draw his wakizashi, 6+6+6, throws it 3 yards into the wall to his left, narrowly missing another PC (11 vs 9).
Turn 4: Rolls to fast draw his tanto, 6+6+6, throws it 4 yards into the wall behind him, narrowly missing another PC (11 vs 9).
Turn 5: Rolls to fast draw an arrow to stab a Giant Spider by hand, 6+6+6 and 6, drops the quiver of arrows at his feet.
It's statistical outliers like this that sometimes make me wonder if trickster spirits of some sort are real.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #12
Anthony

Default Re: Fast-Draw critical failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
It's statistical outliers like this that sometimes make me wonder if trickster spirits of some sort are real.
It's far more likely bad die rolling practices. It's hard to get good randomness out of dice without a dice cup and/or a contained surface to throw them into where it bounces a couple of times. A lot of people just pick up dice and drop them or roll them minimally.